Get Perferences()

ron...@industrieit.com

Nov 8, 2016, 2:21:13 AM11/8/16

Having an issue where I am running a process with the get_preferences() of a particular user.

https://docs.runmyprocess.com/API_Reference/FM/User.html#get_preferences

In the IDE, it's working as expected - when the process is triggered, it failed with get_preference usage errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 8, 2016, 3:59:02 AM11/8/16

I made some test, "get_preference" method is running fine. Not able to reproduce this.

Please could you share details of your implementation and error you are getting in order to suggest you more on this.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Ron Cai

Nov 8, 2016, 7:56:22 AM11/8/16
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for you reply!

The issue I am experiencing is when I use "get_preference(userid)".

From the API docs, this is supposed to return back user preferences of "userid".

Within the IDE, it all seem to be working as expected - however in production mode when process triggered, it errors out with check get_preference() usage.

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,
Ron
On Tue., 8 Nov. 2016 at 7:59 pm, Pankaj Kumar <pku...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:
Hi,

I made some test, "get_preference" method is running fine. Not able to reproduce this.

Please could you share details of your implementation and error you are getting in order to suggest you more on this.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 12:51 PM, ron.cai via Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community <suppor...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:
Hi,

Having an issue where I am running a process with the get_preferences() of a particular user.

https://docs.runmyprocess.com/API_Reference/FM/User.html#get_preferences

In the IDE, it's working as expected - when the process is triggered, it failed with get_preference usage errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---
Ronald Cai
Consultant
Industrie IT Pty Ltd | ABN 64 125 306 658
Level 5, 50 Carrington St. Sydney NSW 2000
+61 2 8197 2545 | +61 458 476 869 | ron...@industrieit.com
https://iamroncai.youcanbook.me

Pankaj Kumar

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 9, 2016, 4:34:13 AM11/9/16
Hi Ron,

I am able to reproduce the issue. We will update you soon on this.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

Pankaj Kumar

ron...@industrieit.com

Nov 9, 2016, 6:23:39 AM11/9/16
Hi Pankaj,

Can you confirm what you mean by running the process as "user" profile?

This is how we are calling:

${get_preferences('us...@industrieit.com').preference_item}

Expected usage : get_preferences()

Currently there are some process we would like to use the preference items from our admin user.

While the process runs properly in the IDE, it fails when we run in production - can you confirm how we can run the process as admin?

Thanks,
Ron
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to supportforum...@runmyprocess.com.

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/group/supportforum/.
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/d/msgid/supportforum/c4208dc8-3d95-45a6-a313-c79322bf075c%40runmyprocess.com.

> --
>
> Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
>
> ---

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/group/supportforum/.
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/d/msgid/supportforum/CADHrCazocpABb_-k26OgQ6bS2zvbKHUw5aVy0kVC-a2dL9uQQQ%40mail.gmail.com.

> --
>
> Ronald Cai
Consultant
> Industrie IT Pty Ltd | ABN 64 125 306 658
> Level 5, 50 Carrington St. Sydney NSW 2000
+61 2 8197 2545 | +61 458 476 869 | ron...@industrieit.com
> https://iamroncai.youcanbook.me
>

> This email is confidential and intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
>

> --
>
> Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
>
> ---

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 27, 2016, 7:57:19 AM11/27/16
Hi Ron,

Are you able to resolve the issue? Awaiting your response.

Below are the reference link for "admin" and "user" profile user and their access right:-

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 4:53 PM, ron.cai via Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community <suppor...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:
Hi Pankaj,

Can you confirm what you mean by running the process as "user" profile?

This is how we are calling:

${get_preferences('user1@industrieit.com').preference_item}

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/group/supportforum/.

ron...@industrieit.com

Dec 8, 2016, 10:11:07 PM12/8/16
Hi Pankaj,

I am still having issues with this.

How can I ensure that the profile is "admin"?

Still trying to work this out with the documentations.

Thanks,
Ron

On Sunday, 27 November 2016 23:57:19 UTC+11, Pankaj Kumar wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>

> Are you able to resolve the issue? Awaiting your response.
>

> Below are the reference link for "admin" and "user" profile user and their access right:-
> http://docs.runmyprocess.com/User_Guide/Development_Environment/Customer_Account/Users
> http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Rights/Access_Rights
>

> Thank you,
> Pankaj Kumar
> Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support
>

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 4:53 PM, ron.cai via Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community <suppor...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:
> Hi Pankaj,
>

> Can you confirm what you mean by running the process as "user" profile?
>

> This is how we are calling:
>

> ${get_preferences('us...@industrieit.com').preference_item}
Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 2.10.26 PM.png

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 10, 2016, 2:16:51 PM12/10/16
Hi Ron,

Please create a custom Provider and pass admin user credentials in order to run this as admin user for all the user and create a new connector using this provider to get the preference of the user.

Please refer to attached screen-print for more details.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/group/supportforum/.