WI Report Filtering

Prachi

Jan 14, 2015, 11:00:37 AM1/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I want to know if its possible to have filtering for web interface reports using 'OR' instead of 'AND'. For example, I want to show in the same report all tasks "Assigned to a logged in user" or tasks "started by" logged in user.

Thanks.

--

teknion.com <http://www.teknion.com>

<http://www.teknioncre8.com/> <http://www.facebook.com/Teknion>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/teknion> <http://twitter.com/teknion>
<http://www.youtube.com/teknion>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any attachments, may
contain information that is confidential and privileged. [It may constitute
non-public information and is intended to be conveyed only to the
designated recipient(s).] If the reader or recipient of this communication
is not the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and
promptly delete this e-mail including any attachments without reading or
saving them in any manner. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is
prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for changes
made to this e-mail or to any attachments after transmission from our
office.

Takafumi Hoshino

Jan 14, 2015, 11:16:40 AM1/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Prachi,

Adding more fitler conditions to web interface report (same for process report) only work as AND. Meaning search is narrowed down.

With that in mind, if you are trying to show 2 kinds of wi instances (started by, and my tasks) in one page for user experience reasons, how about having 2 report widget in one page?
This is simplest and fastest approach.
I can see what I started (interested in progress/status), and I can see my tasks (I need to open and approve) in different parts of the same web page.

If you really needed to combine such filter you would need to make customization on custom measure side.

custom measure like
"show_report_by_user" and inject array of user logins.
Then on WI filter side you can do "contains" [[user]].

Best regards,

Taka

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Taka Hoshino
Fujitsu RunMyProcess
Google Account: thos...@runmyprocess.com
<Sent from Gmail web client>

Prachi Raibagi

Jan 14, 2015, 12:06:34 PM1/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Taka,

I used the following code in measure "show report by user" :

<#assign array_users = []>
<#list get_lane_users("org_id","role_id") as user>
<#assign array_users = array_users + ["${user.login}"]>
</#list>
${array_users}

And added "contains" filter in the report. The report doesn't show any data. Am I going wrong somewhere?

Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Prachi <prachi....@teknion.com> wrote:
Hi,

I want to know if its possible to have filtering for web interface reports using 'OR' instead of 'AND'. For example, I want to show in the same report all tasks "Assigned to a logged in user" or tasks "started by" logged in user.

Thanks.

Takafumi Hoshino

Jan 14, 2015, 1:47:14 PM1/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Can you check what the variable value is?

If it is like this, then script is correct.

I think you can get rid of ${ in this line.
<#assign array_users = array_users + ["${user.login}"]>

try,

<#assign array_users = array_users + [user.login]>

=for test case I ran this code=
<#assign my_array=[]>
<#list get_lane_users(79856, 179114) as x>
<#assign my_array=my_array+[x.login]>
</#list>
${my_array}

Best regards,

Taka

Prachi Raibagi

Jan 14, 2015, 2:31:20 PM1/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Taka,

The variable value is correct when I test the code. It shows ["ema...@example.com","ema...@example.com","ema...@example.com"].

The report is still empty after trying your code.

When I hard code the variable value in the code like this, the report shows data:

${my_array}

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

Prachi

Prachi

Jan 16, 2015, 9:12:24 AM1/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, prachi....@teknion.com
Hi Taka,

I'm still stuck on this issue. Did the report work for you with the above code? Please suggest how I can get the 'OR' functionality working.

Thanks!

thoshino

Jan 16, 2015, 1:24:36 PM1/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, prachi....@teknion.com
Hi,

Do you think the issue is with the code, or report?

It is mentioned that this works:

${my_array}

which should mean,

1. Process variable exist with content, ["ema...@example.com","ema...@example.com","email3@example.com"]

2. Measure is configured to read this variable value, thus it shows the same array. (you can check this in process report, Measures tab)

3. In process report you can add this measure as its column, and it displays the same data.

4. And finally when you add the filter, the results are correctly narrowed down.

When you change to your code parsing lane users, what is not working? Which number from above fails?

Best regards,

Taka