Error Launching Process from External Connector

roy.d...@teknion.com

Aug 21, 2015, 3:31:27 PM8/21/15
I am trying to launch a process from an external source using the RMP API. I am using Postman. I have copied the URL of the process, created an authentication header (with my credentials), given myself access to the Project as a user..but I am getting a "403" error.

Do I have to make it "public" or is there something missing in the setup

Thanks

Bidisha Das

Aug 22, 2015, 3:27:22 AM8/22/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Roy,
Make sure you have passed correct user name & password in authorization header and they should be base64 encoded. Also please check with your project's access rights.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

Roy DeLima

Aug 24, 2015, 7:42:51 AM8/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thanks for the info

I reviewed the document and I have granted myself access in 2 spots; 1 as a Designer, and 2 as Administrator

I am still getting the Forbidden error. I am using Basic Auth to authenticate and we are using Single Sign On provider but judging by the error, I am passing Authentication but not Authorization.

So, if I am understanding the documentation correct, if I list a user in "Designer", I should be to launch it using the Connector from Postman..correct?

Thanks again

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Roy de Lima
Manager, Business Process Improvement
Teknion
Mobile: 647-204-9009

Confidentiality Notice: This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is confidential and privileged. [It may constitute non-public information and is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).] If the reader or recipient of this communication is not the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this e-mail including any attachments without reading or saving them in any manner. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for changes made to this e-mail or to any attachments after transmission from our office.

roy.d...@teknion.com

Aug 26, 2015, 3:12:52 PM8/26/15
Ok..I have figured out. Not sure if there is documentation on this out there but I wanted to post it for anyone else that may be having the same issues:

1) The user that is used for authentication must only be a "user" and not an Admin
2) The Content Type is set to xml/applicationxml
3) Any fields you want populated in your form is in the <content> tags as JSON

Thanks for everyone's help.