Error using P_message in the Composite API

sivak...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2014, 4:17:56 PM8/1/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

We are trying to send an email to the admins whenever there is an error in the critical tasks. So we try to use P_message variable in the intermediate assuming that it will have the error details.

But here is the response we get while we invoke a composite api whic has the intermediate defined:

{"error":"2014-08-01T19:43:10+0000 - Event \"Intermediate\" (id: 3 - status: ABORTED): Error while processing {P_message}\nExpression P_message is undefined on line 1, column 3 in Intermediate."

When we try to use the P_message in one of the critical task (we have mapped errormessage=${P_message} in the task), we get the following error:

So we ere not clear on how we can use the P_message in the composite api. Can you please help us? Can't we use P_message in composite api?

Thank you!

Regards,
Siva

Sweta Suman

Aug 2, 2014, 9:37:26 AM8/2/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Siva,

I am assuming that you have critical task in which you have defined "errormessage=${P_message}" as Input variable. You have taken Error event at that critical task where you are writing as "message =${errormessage}" as output variable.
If this is the scenario, you cant define any other variable except P_message in intermediate error event.
Since, you want to notify admin using email, you can  directly write ${P_message} in email body. You don't have to write P_message in any other activity.
Please find attached screenshots.

If I misunderstood your question, please provide some more details.

Thanks and Regards,
Sweta

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

screenshot.png

sowm...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2014, 4:23:42 PM8/20/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
We are able to use P_message in the composite APIs.

But it doesnt seem to work in one particular case and we have trouble figuring out the reason. This composite API is used for PDF generation and we are using P_message in the mail as shown in your screenshot. We are still getting the error "P_message is undefined ". Can you give us some pointers on why this could happen?

Complete Error Msg:

Regards,
Sowmya

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Aug 21, 2014, 5:12:15 AM8/21/14
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hi Sir,

Indeed, there is an exception with all script tasks (including PDF Transformation ones). Actually, the error is stored into P_result  and not in P_message variable. So, update accordingly (refer to my screenshot as an example) :

Inline image 1

Best regards.

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

sowm...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2014, 9:16:59 AM8/21/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

P_result doesn't seem to work either. We are getting the message "Expression P_result is undefined".

Complete Error:
{"name":"Service Unavailable","code":503,"desc":"2014-08-21T13:16:28+0000 - Task \"Erreur: In generating PDF\" (id: 5[0] - status: ABORTED): Error while processing {P_result}\nExpression P_result is undefined on line 1, column 3 in Erreur In generating PDF."}

Thanks,
Sowmya

On Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:12:15 AM UTC-4, Dimitri Melchior wrote:
> Hi Sir,
>

> Indeed, there is an exception with all script tasks (including PDF Transformation ones). Actually, the error is stored into P_result  and not in P_message variable. So, update accordingly (refer to my screenshot as an example) :
>

> Best regards.
>

> --
> Dimitri MELCHIOR
>

> PreSales Consultant
> Contact: dmel...@runmyprocess.com
>
> Tel: +33(0)1 75 77 51 78
> Mobile : +33(0)6 52 70 89 82
>
> Website: Fujitsu RunMyProcess

s.gan...@ieee.org

Aug 25, 2014, 1:36:21 PM8/25/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi,

Can you tell us if we are missing any configuration required to use 'P_Result' in the error intermediate for script tasks?

We are close to releasing a module soon and need to find a way to report any error that happens in the composite APIs. Your timely reply will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Sowmya

Bidisha Das

Aug 25, 2014, 11:03:35 PM8/25/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com, s.gan...@ieee.org
Hi Sowmya,
Can you use ${P_status.desc} in the message body in your error handling intermediary email activity  and check if you get the error message in your mail. Please let me know if it worked.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

sowm...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2014, 9:40:32 AM8/26/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, s.gan...@ieee.org
Thanks Bidisha! It did work.

It doesnt look like we can use ${P_status.desc} for non-scripting task APIs though.
So we will have to use,
1. P_message for all processes and composite API using non-script tasks and
2. P_status.desc for all scripting task composite API.

I am still not clear on why its different. Can you give us more insight? Is it different for any other scenario?

Regards,
Sowmya

sowm...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 1:36:30 PM8/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have noticed that neither ${P_message} or ${P_status.desc} is working in all scenarios. It keeps varying with the different errors that we encounter.

Is there a generic solution that will work in all error scenarios?

Regards,
Sowmya