Four terrific ROR events as ROR turns four

Amanda French

Jan 12, 2023, 1:19:10 PM1/12/23
to ror-...@ror.org
Hi all,

Hope you had a good holiday -- happy new year!

ROR will be four years old in February, and in honor of that anniversary we're hosting four events as part of our Annual Meeting on January 31st and February 1st. Take a look:

1. General ROR Update, January 31st, 15:00 UTC - what we've been up to in the last year

2. ROR Drop-In Hour, January 31st, 0:00 UTC - ask us anything!

3. Introduction to the ROR API, February 1st, 15:00 UTC - a hands-on interactive training session for those interested in API access to the ROR dataset

4. Strategies for Matching Affiliation Strings to ROR IDs, February 1st, 17:00 UTC - an exciting session for more technical users on methods of matching text strings to ROR IDs, featuring talks and demos by OpenAlex, DOE/OSTI, Allen AI, and Crossref

Register for one or more sessions on the ROR Events page. Should be fantastic.

And just a quick reminder, too, that comments are open through February 5th on our proposal for a major, breaking revision to the ROR metadata schema. We want as much feedback on that as we can get.

Cheers,

Amanda

--
Amanda French