Increased ROR API traffic from Digital Ocean IPs in NL - is this you?

Liz Krznarich

Feb 1, 2023, 2:19:04 PM2/1/23
to ROR Technical Forum
Hi all,

Since about 23 Jan, we've noticed a spike in the already heavy traffic to the ROR API ?affiliation search from 2 IPs located in a Digital Ocean Netherlands data center. This is causing elevated CPU load and search latency, so we're trying to determine who the application sending this traffic belongs to. If this might be your app, please contact sup...@ror.org . We try to avoid blocking IPs unless we have to, but we will heavily rate limit these IPs, then escalate to blocking if we can't identify the source of this traffic in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Liz

Liz Krznarich
ROR Technical Lead
kerz-NAR-itch | she/her | US central time (GMT-6)