Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Heather Piwowar

neprebran,
16. dec. 2021, 12:02:4216. 12. 21
do ROR Tech Support
Inspired by the previous question -- does anyone have plans to use RORs for scholarly publisher identifiers? As far as I can tell there is a lack of standardized identifiers for publishers, and open datasets linking imprints to journals for example is spotty.

In some ways RORs would be great, since publishers are organizations (though it wouldn't handle the imprint layer well I don't think?)

Ideas, or anyone know of things I've missed or works in progress?

Thanks,
Heather

---

Heather Piwowar, cofounder

OurResearch: tools to make scholarly research more open, connected, and reusable

follow at @researchremix, @OurResearch_org, @unpaywall, @unsub_org, and @OpenAlex_org

Maria Gould

neprebran,
17. dec. 2021, 09:34:3517. 12. 21
do Heather Piwowar, ROR Tech Support
Hi Heather,

ROR has been seeing an increase in requests for IDs for publishers and we are aiming to have better coverage in this area. DataCite is planning to add support for ROR IDs in the publisher field of its DOI metadata schema, and Crossref is looking into this as well. It would be great to hear of other plans and use cases related to this topic!

All the best,
Maria

Maria Gould, California Digital Library | ROR project lead

Odgovori vsem
Odgovori avtorju
Posreduj
0 novih sporočil