Meeting Thursday, December 7, 2023

Jeff Scheel

Dec 6, 2023, 6:22:15 PM12/6/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Sorry for the short notice, but our next meeting will be tomorrow, December 7, 2023 at 12:00 UTC.  Local times:
  • 8 PM China
  • 5:30 PM India Standard Time
  • 1 PM Central European Time
  • 7 AM Eastern U.S.
  • 4 AM Pacific U.S.
Here's the meeting link:
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MzV2cDA2YW5wM21ra2YwbDkyNXVoOWdjbzlfMjAyMzEyMDdUMTIwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

The agenda will focus on standard topics:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Review of Google Sites updates and drafts (Google Sites)
  • What's cool? (time permitting)
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International

Jeff Scheel

Dec 8, 2023, 8:47:33 AM12/8/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Hello, All!  Thank you for your contributions to our final meeting of the year.  Remember: Next meeting will be January 18, 2024 due to holidays.

So as your calendar year winds down, I hope you find some time to relax and enjoy whatever holiday seasons you celebrate. I look forward to continuing to work with you in 2024!

Per convention, the official updates are in the Meeting Document and I'm attaching a copy here.  Please question, correct, and extend the information in either the document of this email as you deem appropriate.

Attendees: Jeff, Isaac, Peter, Hui-Zhi, Daniel

Board Updates:

  • None

Program Updates:

  • SUSE

    • Working on Milk-V boxes have found some bugs and need to work on fixes

    • USB console is not working reliably

  • Canonical

    • Working on Uboot support for ACPI

  • Android (AOSP)

    • Vector extension now required for Android ABI

      • Need to check what devboards will support vector extension in the year of 2024.

      • Best board at this time is the Kendryte 230 board (link) but it may not be ideal for Android.

  • oreboot

    • Reworking the build system

    • WIP to support the D1s

  • Firmware

    • The coreboot project is discussing Arm64 server platform support, and Daniel is sure we will go in a similar direction with RISC-V, where important points will be requirements to SoC vendors, standardization, and aligning on goals to keep things simple, secure and feasible.

  • RISC-V

    • Any Summit NA Feedback?

      • Met StarFive folks who agreed to help explain their upstreaming success.  How shall we approach this?

        • Different blogs - English and Chinese

        • Different hosts - Weiwu (?) and Jeff

        • Written work to create questions and get answers

        • Hui-Zhi helped Starfive directly by explaining community and helping pre-review and teaching proactive behavior

        • Upstream integration is very important, how did Starfive learn this?

        • “Responsibility” is a key for on-going for patches.  “Continuous reputation build-up”?

    • ROMA Laptops 💻

      • Working to close with projects.  Priority being given to community distros, desktops, desktop apps.

      • Requested technical information from Xcalibyte

    • Pioneer Box 🖥️

    • Soliciting projects on website (link) for K230, Lichee Pi, Huashan Pi (limited supply)

    • Hoping to close TPM backfill soon (target to on-board in January)

    • Next meeting will be January 18, 2024 due to holidays.

What’s cool?:

Thank you for all you do to support RISC-V.
-Jeff