Meeting March 16, 2023

Jeff Scheel

Mar 10, 2023, 9:57:51 AM3/10/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be Thursday, March 16, 2023 at the following time:
  • 3:00 PM UTC,
  • 4:00 PM Central Europe time,
  • 8:30 PM India Standard Time,
  • 11:00 PM China Standard Time
  • 11:00 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Savings Time,
  • 8:00 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Savings Time.
Here's the meeting link (which can be copied to your calendar):
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MnRoZWRxcW9vNjg2MXQxcHZlNnVla3Eza2lfMjAyMzAzMTZUMTUwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&ctz=UTC

The agenda will include:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Review of draft use cases and roadmap information (Google Sites)
  • What's cool?
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager

Jeff Scheel

Mar 17, 2023, 2:26:27 PM3/17/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Meeting minutes from yesterday's session.  As always, please pose comments, suggestions, questions, or corrections always appreciated either via email or in our Meeting document.

Attendees: Jeff, Thea, Yu Bo, Wei Fu, Daniel, Chen Wang (AOSP), Darren (SUSE)

Board Updates:

  • None

Program Updates:

  • Debian

    • Aurel32 removed all qemu builder to use new Unmatched boards (13)

    • No update about official port (Waiting FTP team to add riscv64 to unstable)

  • Fedora

    • Working hard on Sophgo support (milkv)

      • Desktop support looking good, especially with with LibreOffice

      • Development board announced at T-HEAD event

      • Interested in having DevBoard program

    • TH1520 support being added as well for T-Head-Light board

    • Imaging work underway for both boards

  • SUSE

  • Canonical (Heinrich via email because he’s at Embedded World in Nürnberg)

    • With the Ubuntu 22.04.2 release we have the following changes:

      • an image is provided for the Microchip PolarFire Icicle Kit

      • the LicheeRV board is now additionally supported in the Ubuntu Jammy LTS release.

    • The full overview of available RISC-V Ubuntu images is available at https://ubuntu.com/download/risc-v.

  • Android (AOSP)

    • Google is Landing ART patches for switch interpreter: almost done

    • Google will upstream T-Head’s patches in AOSP/ART and later separate into standalone repo. Cao Xia (from ESWIN) sent an alternative patch https://r.android.com/2457968, but Google wants to proceed with T-Head’s work as they have a full compiler implementation based on that.

  • oreboot

  • RISC-V

    • February monthly status continues to look good (link).  Awaiting new projects.

    • ROMA

      • No update

    • VisionFive V1s

      • Final 7 boards being prepared for shipment

    • ICE-V

      • First round of evals sent – accepts/rejects

      • 14 of 20 boards requested for shipment

      • Form remains open for remaining boards.

    • VisionFive V2s

    • Active work underway to improve the RISC-V Compatible Trademark Permission Process

    • Google Sites draft created for program information

  • Link

  • Jeff will start a discussion thread on the list

What’s cool?:

-Jeff