Meeting May 18, 2023

Jeff Scheel

May 16, 2023, 2:15:35 PM5/16/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be Thursday, May 18, 2023 at the following time:
  • 3:00 PM UTC,
  • 4:00 PM Central Europe time,
  • 8:30 PM India Standard Time,
  • 11:00 PM China Standard Time
  • 11:00 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Savings Time,
  • 8:00 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Savings Time.
Here's the meeting link (which can be copied to your calendar):
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MnRoZWRxcW9vNjg2MXQxcHZlNnVla3Eza2lfMjAyMzA1MThUMTUwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&ctz=UTC

The agenda will include:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Discussion about next board for purchase
  • What's cool?
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager

Fu Wei

May 17, 2023, 3:45:18 AM5/17/23
to Jeff Scheel, RISC-V Development Board Program
Hi Jeff,
Got , I will be there

Jeff Scheel <je...@riscv.org> 于2023年5月17日周三 02:15写道:

Daniel Maslowski

May 18, 2023, 10:15:06 AM5/18/23
to Fu Wei, Jeff Scheel, RISC-V Development Board Program
Hoi,

As I won't be able to attend, I left my notes in the doc. Lots of great news, lots of wishes in there. We need manuals.

Cheers and until next time
Daniel

Jeff Scheel

May 18, 2023, 10:59:24 AM5/18/23
to Daniel Maslowski, Fu Wei, RISC-V Development Board Program
Thanks, Daniel!!!

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager

Jeff Scheel

May 19, 2023, 10:01:00 AM5/19/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Hello, All.  Thanks for the great meeting yesterday!  I've updated our Meeting Document and am posting the final information.  As always, please post questions and/or make updates/edits in the document as-needed.

Here are my notes...

Attendees: Jeff, Rafael, Isaac, Yu Bo, Axel, Chen, Wei Fu, Darren, Thea, Daniel (via notes), Felix, Wei Wu, Andres Alarcon

Board Updates:

Program Updates:

  • Debian

    •  Bookworm will be released on 2023/06/10

  • Fedora

    • Fedora 38 Package number 18550/23118 [80.2%]

      • Multi-desktop[XFCE/LXDE/LXQT] image for sg2042/th1520:

http://openkoji.iscas.ac.cn/kojifiles/work/tasks/6595/1316595/fedora-disk-multi-desktops_riscv64-f38-20230513-013845.n.0-sda.raw.xz

http://openkoji.iscas.ac.cn/kojifiles/work/tasks/8620/1338620/fedora-disk-gnome-workstation_riscv64-f38-20230515-035559.n.0-sda.raw.xz

  • Cloud spin: on the way

  • T-Head TH1520  Images [for T-Head EVB A/ Lichee Pi 4A/BeagleV Ahead] :

    • Multi-desktop[XFCE/LXDE/LXQT] image:

http://openkoji.iscas.ac.cn/kojifiles/work/tasks/7991/1347991/fedora-disk-multi-desktops_thead_th1520-f38-20230516-002100.n.0-sda.raw.xz

  • Minimal Image:

http://openkoji.iscas.ac.cn/kojifiles/work/tasks/6407/1306407/fedora-disk-minimal_thead_th1520-f38-20230511-210358.n.0-sda.raw.xz

  • StarFive JH7110 Images [for VF V2, Pine64, Milk-V Mars]  are on the way

  • Start working on RV32 bootstrap [target on  K230]

  • Fedora 38 function testing:

    • Desktop support:

      • XFCE[pass]

      • LXDE[pass]

      • LXQT[pass]

      • GNOME[pass]

      • Budgie[pass]

      • Cinnamon[pass]

      • Mate[pass]

      • Sugar[testing]

      • KDE[Building]

      • Sway[Building]

    • Podman[pass]:  (podman run --rm -ti --arch riscv64 docker.io/imbearchild/fedora-rv64)

    • Ceph [pass]

    • K8s [testing]

  • SUSE

  • Canonical

  • Android (AOSP)

    • The ART development process is moving forward, starting work on Nterp,introducing skeletal stubs for riscv64. With this patch, Nterp builds under riscv64 but cannot run yet.

    • Binary_translation is maturing quickly. This solution is for testing riscv64 binaries on x86-64 laptops/desktops as that has been done for arm64. This tool will be integrated in the sdk_x86_64 system image for emulators.

  • oreboot

    •  JH7110 DRAM init (VisionFive 2) works now

      • Development without peripheral manual (for the DRAM controller in this instance) is a very lengthy and painful process

      • Test payloads can be run from DRAM

      • Next step will be RustSBI for LinuxBoot support

    • Obtained a Lichee Pi 4A (TH1520 SoC)

  • Firmware

  • RISC-V

    • Program status

      • Overall 1 pager: (link)

      • April status report available (link)

    • ICE-V

      • All 20 boards delivered

    • VisionFive V2

      • All 15 boards shipped from China.  14 delivered. 1 having Customs issues (self-imposed).

      • 43 of the 65 boards are requested to be shipped from the U.S. within a week.

      • The RISC-V website (link) is ready to start the call for the next 22 projects (inventory).

    • Updates to Program info

      • Wall of Fame published: link

      • Please let Jeff know if you have something to add to this page!

    • Review of pending DevBoards site updates:

    • Discussion

      • Is the VisionFive V2 an option for the Automotive group?

        • Jeff will reach out to the Automotive SIG and see

      • What’s next?

        • PIONEER appears to be sooner, but lacks Vector 1.0 support, Hypervisor, and other 4Q2021 extensions

        • Horse Creek will have newer extensions but may not be as early

        • Jeff wants to do 1-2 more projects in 2023 and get these built in 3Q and have ordered no later than early 4Q.

What’s cool?:

In our next meeting, I hope to have a presentation on the Shakti processor out of India.  So, keep your eyes open for that.
-Jeff