DevBoards Program Meeting February 15, 2024

Jeff Scheel

Feb 14, 2024, 4:49:25 PMFeb 14
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be tomorrow, Thursday, February 15, 2024 at the following time:
  • 3:00 PM UTC,
  • 4:00 PM Central Europe time,
  • 8:30 PM India Standard Time,
  • 11:00 PM China Standard Time
  • 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. Standard Time,
  • 7:00 AM Pacific U.S. Standard Time.
Here's the meeting link (which can be copied to your calendar):
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MnRoZWRxcW9vNjg2MXQxcHZlNnVla3Eza2lfMjAyNDAyMTVUMTUwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&ctz=UTC

The agenda will be:
  • Board and Project updates
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board purchase discussion for 1H
  • What's cool?
As always, any topics, updates, or information can be added to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes or raised at the beginning of the meeting.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International

Jeff Scheel

Feb 19, 2024, 6:34:00 AMFeb 19
to RISC-V Development Board Program Management, Jeff Scheel
All,

Per convention, the official updates are in the Meeting Document and I'm attaching a copy here.  Please question, correct, and extend the information in either the document of this email as you deem appropriate.

Attendees: Jeff, Greg, Daniel, Carl, Han Gao, Axel, Heinrich, Lance, Felix, Yu Bo, Wei Fu, Paul Sherman, Andreas

Board Updates:

The SG200x is fully compatible with the ARDUINO IDE tools. After the Lunar New Year, it will be made available to developers as soon as possible.

RT-Thread(RTOS) will support  SG200x soon.

  • Sophgo:

https://www.sophgo.com/product/introduce/huashan.html

https://www.sophgo.com/product/introduce/cv181xH.html

Program Updates:

  • Debian

    •  Added one licheepi4A to debci

  • Fedora

    • Building Fedora rawhide/40

    • Fedora 39 distrepo 有 98.38% srpm with LiveCD

      • Only 369 srpm left

      • ROS2 Image on TH1520

      • ROS Image is on the way

      • CasaOS Image (NAS)

        • NextCloud App

    • Fedora 40/rawhide koji repo 有 87.65% srpm

  • Canonical

    • Moving to kernel 6.8

      • VF2 in pretty good shape except for PCIe; 20 patches in a set pending

      • TH1520 coming along nicely

      • LicheePi4A has limited uboot support

  • oreboot

    •  We have run Zephyr on the JH7110 (Milk-V Mars + VisionFive 2) on hart0 🙂

      • Students have started the project and also run it directly via vf2-loader

  • Firmware

  • RISC-V

    • Greg is reviewing and dispositioning the projects for the 3 open programs (LicheePi 4A, HuashanPi, Kendryte K230).

      • Expect to announce results to projects next week.

    • Need to decide which board we should buy for 1H:

      • Candidates

        • VisionFive V2 (link)

        • LicheePi 4A (link)

        • Kendryte K230 (link)

        • Other?

          1. BananaPi F3?

          2. Milk-V Oasis?

      • Discussion

        • What happens with Vector support in Distros with future boards?  Current distros building for RVA20

What’s cool?:

Our next meeting will be in 3 weeks on March 7.  Thanks for you contributions last week.
-Jeff