DevBoards Program Meeting April 4, 2024

Jeff Scheel

Apr 3, 2024, 1:05:31 PMApr 3
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Sorry for the short notice, but our next meeting will be tomorrow, April 4, 2024 at 12:00 UTC.  Local times:
  • 8 PM China
  • 5:30 PM India Standard Time
  • 2 PM Central European Summer Time
  • 8 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Time
  • 7 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Time
Here's the meeting link to copy to your calendar:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/r/eventedit/copy/MzV2cDA2YW5wM21ra2YwbDkyNXVoOWdjbzlfMjAyNDA0MDRUMTIwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw

The agenda will focus on standard topics:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Future Board Program Discussion
  • What's cool? (time permitting)
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International

Jeff Scheel

Apr 3, 2024, 1:54:58 PMApr 3
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Correction: this
  • 8 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Time
  • 7 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Time
should read:
    • 8 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Time
    • 5 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Time
     I missed an edit.  Sorry for any confusion.
    -Jeff

    P.S. I don't expect my friend in Pacific and Mountain timezones to join tomorrow.  ;-)
    --
    Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
    Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International

    Jeff Scheel

    Apr 4, 2024, 11:21:46 AMApr 4
    to RISC-V Development Board Program
    All,

    Welcome to our new and newer members today.  While we touched the usual topics of our individual progress, it was a good discussion around future board enablement.  I look forward to visiting this topic next time AND continuing our GPU enablement discussion.

    Per convention, the official minutes are in our Meeting Document.  I'm attaching a copy here for your convenience.  Please question, correct, and extend the information in the document or to the email list as you deem appropriate.

    Attendees: Jeff, Yubo, Axel, Carl, Jason K.(Beagle), Isaac, Deyaa Khateeb (Individual Member), Rafael, Leon (Individual)

    Board Updates:

    • Beagle

      • Jason would like to discuss potential programs with their boards.

      • gcc 14 has Vector 0.71 set which makes TH1520-based boards more important to ecosystem as vector enablement platform

    Program Updates:

    • Debian

      •  Debci works on riscv64 today again:

    • Fedora

      • Fedora 39 distrepo has 98.59% srpm with LiveCD

        1. Only 322  srpm left

      • Fedora 40 koji repo 91.64% srpm

      • We are focusing on upstream riscv support to Fedora srpms

    • RISC-V

      • Existing programs:

        1. Lichee Pi 4A have shipped from vendor

        2. Pioneer boxes awaiting vendor ship in mid-April

        3. Kendryte proposals to be sent to vendor within week.

        4. Additional Lichee Pi and VisionFive V2 boards approved for purchase.  Will use as inventory on hand, not a new program.

        5. Purchase of Lichee Pi Cluster has been approved.  OSU/OSL will host and gain experience administering.

      • Input requested: How might we build a “program” in advance of having actual hardware?

        1. Should we poll our Distro and “Core Projects” about their needs for pending hardware?  If so, what are key questions?

        2. Is there value in building a virtual project for external program?  We could assume “Raspberry Pi” form factor.

    What’s cool?:

    -Jeff