Meeting June 15, 2023

Jeff Scheel

Jun 12, 2023, 10:35:36 AM6/12/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be this Thursday, June 15, 2023 at the following time:
  • 3:00 PM UTC,
  • 4:00 PM Central Europe time,
  • 8:30 PM India Standard Time,
  • 11:00 PM China Standard Time
  • 11:00 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Savings Time,
  • 8:00 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Savings Time.
Here's the meeting link (which can be copied to your calendar):
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MnRoZWRxcW9vNjg2MXQxcHZlNnVla3Eza2lfMjAyMzA2MTVUMTUwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&ctz=UTC

The agenda will not include any special topics and will be simply:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • What's cool?
As always, any topics, updates, or information can be added to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes or raised at the beginning of the meeting.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager

Jeff Scheel

Jun 15, 2023, 12:49:30 PM6/15/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Thanks for another good gathering of the DevBoards Program Management meeting.

Here are my updates to the Meeting Document and I'm attaching a copy here.  Please don't hesitate to question, correct, extend the information in either the document of this email.

Reminder: due to the layout of the month, the next meeting falls in 3 weeks on July 6.

Attendees: Daniel Maslowski, Jeff, Yu Bo, Chen Wang, Leon Nunes (new), Rafael, Thea, Darren, Axel, fuwei, Xavier Esteve (new)

Board Updates:

  • Milk-V

    • Mars: JH7110

      • Jeff continues to evaluate the role of this board to the program.

Program Updates:

  • Debian

    • Bookworm has been released.

    • Trixie will support riscv64. (Yay!!!)

    • riscv64 will be added into the archive soon.

  • Fedora

    • Fedora 38 Package number 19320/23118 [83.6%]

    • zsbl→edk2→GRUB→Fedora

    • RV32 bootstrap going well, building rpms for minimal rootfs

    • Fedora 38 function testing:

      • Desktop support:

        • XFCE[pass]

        • LXDE[pass]

        • LXQT[pass]

        • GNOME[pass]

        • Budgie[pass]

        • Cinnamon[pass]

        • Mate[pass]

        • Sugar[pass]

        • Sway[pass]

        • KDE[pass]

        • deepin[Building]

      • Podman[pass]

      • Ceph [pass]

      • K8s [pass]

  • SUSE

    • Not targeting 32-bit (RV32)

    • Milk-V requests coming

  • Android (AOSP)

    • Kernel: Update the kernel module loader to handle R_RISCV_32_PCREL which LLVM is generating for some modules now.

    • Bionic: implement rvv version mem* and str* for riscv64 in bionic (which is contributed by sifive).

    • ART development moving forward: assembler changes continuing till part6 (Add macro instructions for loads and stores); add JNI macro assembler skeleton for riscv64; and some other bug fixing.

    • binary_translation & native_bridge_support still in rapid involvement, many pull-requests merged since last meeting.

  • oreboot

    • Factored out into a library, to be applied to VF2

    • Someone from Intel has run our code on their VF2 successfully

  • Firmware

    • GSoC coreboot project progressing, reviving support for RISC-V on QEMU

  • RISC-V

    • Shakti processor (Prasanna)

    • Program status

      • Overall 1 pager: (link)

      • May status (link)

    • VisionFive V2

      • 49 boards shipped, one issue remains

      • 2 boards requested shipment from inventory

      • “Second call” for projects posted and announced (tech-announce)

    • Pioneer Box

      • Milk-V has offered 50 boxes to RISC-V

        • First proposal using Partner form

      • Forms created (projects and distros)

      • Project posted and announced with deadline of July 31

      • Distros emailed with deadline of June 30

      • Currently 8 projects and 2 distros

      • Work remains to finalize details of box availability, shipping, etc.

    • 10 Unmatched boards have also been offered by SiFive

      • Working details directly with SiFive

    • VisionFive V2 for Automotive

      • Jeff has reached out to the Automotive SIG and begun discussions about the CAN bus on VisionFive V2

      • A project has been received/proposed about CAN bus for VisionFive V2 from an RISC-V member.  Jeff will FWUP.

What’s cool?:

-Jeff