DevBoards Program Meeting March 7, 2024

Jeff Scheel

Mar 8, 2024, 10:42:13 AMMar 8
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our meeting was held this week, despite no published agenda, at the "normal" time on Thursday, March 7, 2024 at the following time:
  • 3:00 PM UTC,
  • 4:00 PM Central Europe time,
  • 8:30 PM India Standard Time,
  • 11:00 PM China Standard Time
  • 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. Standard Time,
  • 7:00 AM Pacific U.S. Standard Time.
With Daylight Saving Time season upon us, please note that your meeting time will only change with DST.  To quote Daniel, "Trust your calendar!"

Per convention, the official minutes are in our Meeting Document.  I'm attaching a copy here for your convenience.  Please question, correct, and extend the information in the document or to the email list as you deem appropriate.

Attendees: Jeff, Daniel, fuwei, Greg, Isaac, Yubo, Hui-Zhi, Axel

Board Updates:

Program Updates:

  • Debian

    •  No update. Unstable was broken almost one week.:(

  • Fedora

    • Fedora 39 distrepo 有 98.58% srpm with LiveCD

      • Only 324 srpm left, only 900 rpms can’t be installed because of dependency

      • ROS2 Image on TH1520

      • CasaOS Image (NAS)

        • NextCloud App

    • Fedora 40 koji repo 有 88.74% srpm

  • SUSE

    • We’re still working on syncing with Sophgo about the kernel building issues.

  • oreboot

    • We got a new contributor, may bring back the QEMU RISC-V port

    • Now on Rust embedded-hal v1.0 all across the repo (monorepo)

  • Firmware

  • RISC-V

    • RISC-V Ecosystem Application Tracking

      • Link: https://tech.riscv.org/software-ecosystem

      • We will continue to track as set of Applications that are critical to our success.

      • Isaac is working with consumers and partners to build, maintain, and grow this list.

    • Lichee Pi4A Project closed on the web.  List of boards to ship has been submitted.

    • Remaining Pioneer projects are being confirmed and list will be shipped to Sophgo next week.

    • Kendryte and Huashan projects remain open, with less than 10 acceptable projects.  Will start working on these after Pioneer submission.

    • Starting buy process for 10 Lichee Pi4As and 10 VisionFive V2s.  Will experiment with delivery as we roll these out.

What’s cool?:

Miscellaneous notes:

-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International