DevBoards Program Meeting May 2, 2024

Jeff Scheel

May 1, 2024, 11:47:41 AMMay 1
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Sorry for the short notice, but our next meeting will be tomorrow, May 2, 2024 at 12:00 UTC.  Local times:
  • 8 PM China
  • 5:30 PM India Standard Time
  • 2 PM Central European Summer Time
  • 8 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Time
  • 7 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Time
Here's the meeting link to copy to your calendar:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MzV2cDA2YW5wM21ra2YwbDkyNXVoOWdjbzlfMjAyNDA1MDJUMTIwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&tmsrc=tech.meetings%40riscv.org

The agenda will focus on standard topics:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Future Board Program Discussion
  • RISC-V GPU Status Discussion (Carl)
  • What's cool? (time permitting)
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International

Jeff Scheel

May 1, 2024, 6:44:41 PMMay 1
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Oops, copy paste error.  The Pacific time for the meeting is indeed 5:00 AM.  Lance, please do not feel compelled to attend.

Sorry for any confusion.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International

Daniel Maslowski

May 2, 2024, 8:20:08 AMMay 2
to Jeff Scheel, RISC-V Development Board Program
I will see if I can join later, have a colliding work meeting.
Left my notes in the doc, got a lot done. :)

Greg Sterling

May 3, 2024, 12:29:50 PMMay 3
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Welcome to our new and newer members today.  I hope you'll come back and join us again in the future.

As we have discussed, we will continue to include minutes and chat history from the meeting in our shared Meeting Document

Thanks everyone, and see you at the next meeting!

Greg Sterling (RISC-V International)

Attendees: Greg, Emil, Yu Bo, Wei, Jeff, Isaac, Leon, Victor, Han, Idan, Felix, Daniel

Board Updates:

  • DC ROMA

    • Jeff has a few laptops and would be happy to work with someone interested in GPU or desktop enablement.  Please reach out to Jeff if interested.

Program Updates:

What’s cool?:

Miscellaneous notes:

  1. Future Boards Program Discussion (Suggested Program Questions)

    • Are there specific hardware features that you currently need to get started?

    • Does your lab require a specific board size or feature, or is there flexibility based on what boards are available?

    • Will your work support mixed RISC-V devices, or do you need a homogenous deployment?

    • What is the minimum number of devices that you need to get started, and what can you do with a limited number of devices?

    • What is the optimal number of devices that you need to complete your work, and what can you do with the full number of devices?