DevBoards Program Meeting June 20, 2024

Greg Sterling

Jun 19, 2024, 3:09:33 PM (13 days ago) Jun 19
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be tomorrow, June 20, 2024 at 14:00 UTC.  Local times:
  • 11 PM China
  • 8:30 PM India Standard Time
  • 5 PM Central European Summer Time
  • 11 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Time
  • 8 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Time
Here's the meeting link to copy to your calendar:

The agenda will focus on standard topics:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Future Board Program Discussion
  • What's cool? (time permitting)
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.

Greg Sterling (RISC-V International)

Greg Sterling

Jun 20, 2024, 3:52:04 PM (12 days ago) Jun 20
to RISC-V Development Board Program

NOTE: Due to the July 4th holiday in the US, we will be cancelling the meeting scheduled on July 4th.  We look forward to seeing you all again on July 18th.

Welcome to our new and newer members today.  I hope you'll come back and join us again in the future.

As we have discussed, we will continue to include minutes and chat history from the meeting in our shared Meeting Document

Thanks everyone, and see you at the next meeting!

Greg Sterling (RISC-V International)

Attendees: Greg, Carl, Daniel, Lance, Kanak, Darren, Juju, Emil, Jeff, Axel

Board Updates:

  • Banana Pi F3

    • GUI Working in UBoot

    • Most work was already in upstream uboot, couple bugs and investigating how to resolve, and in place without breaking things

    • Appears to run any OS, may support UEFI

    • Carl is running a hackathon (in Austin TX) for the BPF3 for other people to be able to use

    • Concerning that there is little to no source code available with license information, and a lot of binary blobs

Program Updates:

  • Debian

    •  Trixie is currently broken for all of the arches, but RISC-V especially

  • Android (AOSP)

    • Now shipping an ndk, not guaranteed to be the same as final release, subset of features that will be in future hardware.  Want people to start testing with it

  • R9

    • 🐌🦀🦗

  • oreboot

  • RISC-V

    • Banana Pi F3 Status

      • Getting ready to ship out 10 4gb boards

      • 50/50% interest from distros, most disinterest due to memory limitations

    • Pioneer Box Status

      • Seemingly good news, response that they are shipping

      • Requested tracking information but haven’t received yet

What’s cool?: