Meeting April 6, 2023

Jeff Scheel

Apr 4, 2023, 2:04:23 PM4/4/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 12:00 UTC.  Local times:
  • 8 PM China
  • 5:30 PM India Standard Time
  • 2 PM Central European Time
  • 8 AM Eastern U.S.
  • 5 AM Pacific U.S.

The agenda will be a traditional program of program-centric status:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Review of draft use cases and roadmap information (Google Sites)
  • What's cool? (time permitting)
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager

Jeff Scheel

Apr 6, 2023, 10:39:59 AM4/6/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Meeting minutes from today's session.

As always, please pose comments, suggestions, questions, or corrections always appreciated either via email or in our Meeting document.

Attendees: Jeff, Peter, Heinrich, Wei Fu, Rafael, Thea, Daniel, Wei Wu

Board Updates:

  • None

Program Updates:

  • Fedora

    • Start building Fedora 38, will finish in Apr

    • ROS2/ROS have been built on Fedora 37, testing

    • Fedora 37 image on Sophgo Server and T-Head TH1520 has been built in Openkoji (CAS)

    • Milk-V pioneer is under testing with Fedora 37, release on 15th Apr

  • Canonical

    • Kernel supporting StarFive VisionFive V2 kernel is in lunar-proposed.

      • UART, SD-card, Ethernet are supported. Boot from SD card is working.

      • PCIe and USB are not yet supported. (Planned) upstream patches will add these.

  • Android (AOSP)

    • ART(Java VM) work in-progress by Google & Alibaba developers.

      • Interpreter mode almost done, Compiler mode under development.

      • The main target of the Google team is  RISCV QEMU, the result will be ported to the physical HW of the Dev-board program.

  • oreboot

    • VisionFive 2 / JH7110 DRAM init making progress

    • 5th dev live stream has been recorded; upload to YouTube to follow soon

  • Firmware

  • cpu (coming Plan 9, ported to Linux: https://github.com/u-root/cpu )

  • RISC-V

    • February monthly status continues to look good (link).  Awaiting new projects.

    • ROMA

      • No update

    • VisionFive V1s

      • 4 of the final 7 boards shipped.  Last 3 spoken for.

    • ICE-V

      • First round of evals sent – accepts/rejects

      • 14 of 20 boards requested for shipment.

      • Final 6 boards committed, but not yet requested shipment.

      • Form closed.

    • VisionFive V2s

      • Approval to order 80 boards

      • 60 boards spoken for.  Geographic breakdown understood.

      • POs for Allnet cut and under review

    • Active work underway to improve the RISC-V Compatible Trademark Permission Process

    • Google Sites created (and published) for program information

      • Published: link

      • Edits: link (should be editable by all in group)

      • Discussed:

        1. What’s missing? Outcomes

        2. How do we want to handle updates? We will visit during our meetings and publish drafts as needed. Jeff will serve as Editor. Updates from group welcome.

      • Comments can go to this discussion thread.

What’s cool?:

-Jeff