Meeting Thursday, November 2, 2023

Jeff Scheel

Nov 1, 2023, 3:10:44 PM11/1/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 12:00 UTC.  Local times:
  • 8 PM China
  • 5:30 PM India Standard Time
  • 2 PM Central European Time
  • 8 AM Eastern U.S.
  • 5 AM Pacific U.S.
Here's the meeting link:
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MzV2cDA2YW5wM21ra2YwbDkyNXVoOWdjbzlfMjAyMzExMDJUMTIwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&ctz=UTC

The agenda will focus on s
tandard topics:
  1. Program updates from RISC-V
  2. Board and Project updates
  3. Review of Google Sites updates and drafts (Google Sites)
  4. What's cool? (time permitting)
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Director of Technical Programs, RISC-V International

Jeff Scheel

Nov 2, 2023, 11:12:13 AM11/2/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Thanks for another informative and helpful meeting.

Per convention, the official updates are in the Meeting Document and I'm attaching a copy here.  Please question, correct, and extend the information in either the document of this email as you deem appropriate.

Attendees: Yu Bo, Axel, Hui-Zhi (SUSE), Victor Lu, Daniel, Isaac, Fuwei

Board Updates:

  • none

Program Updates:

  • Debian

    • Debian ports for risc-v64 removed because risc-v is now a supported architecture.

    • Waiting for the testing suite which is needed for the next stable release.

  • Fedora

  • SUSE

    • Two boxes for SUSE have been received in Nuremberg and are working ok.

  • Android (AOSP)

    • See the second item in the “What’s Cool” section.

  • RISC-V

    • No October status report requested

      • Will solicit one for November and will be last of year.

    • VisionFive V2

      • 10 boards approved for Brazil

      • 3 boards purchased and will be distributed.

    • ROMA laptop

      • Request to ship remaining 8 boards received.

      • Reviewing projects

    • Pioneer box

      • Yocto has received their box and is doing bringup.

      • Awaiting status from Yocto and SUSE before picking next distro projects.

      • Once we’ve distro project, then we accept individual projects

    • New programs published to the website: link

      • LicheePi4A, K230, and Huashan Pi expected in quantities of 10 ea.

What’s cool?:

Miscellaneous notes:

  • Meeting time reminder: our meetings are scheduled in UTC and thus the time of them should only move when/if your timezone is changing to/from Daylight Savings Time.  If you see moves that are not expected.  Please let Jeff know.

  • No meeting on November 16 as Jeff will be traveling back from the Linux Plumbers Conference.  Next meeting (and likely the last of the year) will be December 7, 2023.

  • Server Platform Task Group (TG) is just getting started.  Please join the group if you are a RISC-V member (tech-server-platform).  If you are not a member and you have interest, please consider a free Individual membership (RISC-V membership page).

-Jeff