Meeting February 16, 2023

Jeff Scheel

Feb 13, 2023, 1:31:13 PM2/13/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be Thursday, February 16, 2023 at the following time:
  • 3:00 PM UTC,
  • 4:00 PM Central Europe time,
  • 8:30 PM India Standard Time,
  • 11:00 PM China Standard Time
  • 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. Standard Time,
  • 7:00 AM Pacific U.S. Standard Time.
Here's the meeting link (which can be copied to your calendar):
https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MnRoZWRxcW9vNjg2MXQxcHZlNnVla3Eza2lfMjAyMzAyMTZUMTUwMDAwWiB0ZWNoLm1lZXRpbmdzQHJpc2N2Lm9yZw&ctz=UTC

The agenda will include:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Discussion on where to document use cases and roadmap
  • What's cool?
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager

Jeff Scheel

Feb 16, 2023, 1:52:33 PM2/16/23
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Another excellent discussion today.  Thanks to those who attended.  My minutes follow.  Comments, suggestions, questions, or corrections always appreciated either via email or in our Meeting document.

Attendees: Jeff, Wei Wu, Yu Bo, Darren, Wang, Daniel, Rafael, Akira

Board Updates:

  • None

Program Updates:

https://gist.github.com/smaeul/6fc91324b66fcd001717263f61bf3d06

  • Android (AOSP)

    • Patch acceptance underway for RISC-V

    • System library bringup continues

    • Cuddlefish emulator now launching kernel

    • ART (Android Run-time) work underway with Alibaba THEAD

  • RISC-V

    • Polar Fire - no progress

    • ROMA laptop - still holding

    • VisionFive V2

      • “Base” (Distro) people sent a form (simplified project form) for their volumes

      • Reviewed community projects, approved 21 projects with 29 boards, notified approved projects

      • Notified projects which were not accepted.

      • Price back from Allnet.  Will seek final budget approval shortly.  Expect to order 60 - 80 boards.

      • Product now in stock.

    • ICE-V

      • Met with Academic SIG and discussed program with them

      • Emailed Ambassadors encouraging ideas

      • Re-announced the program to tech-announce.

        1. Need to formalize the announcement process.  Just tech-announce?  A blog?  Tweets?  Other?

      • Net-net: Project outlook in form has improved.

What’s cool?:

Miscellaneous topics:

  1. Project information next steps - where should we document?

  2. Most recent DevBoard Status Report (link)

    • Still looks positive

  3. RISC-V Technical Sessions Topic request: RISC-V Board Overview

Next meeting will be an "East-friendly" meeting in 2 weeks.
-Jeff