Linux RISC-V Buildbot worker hosting

Denis Ovsienko

Oct 8, 2022, 12:03:10 PM10/8/22
to RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hello list.

My involvement in this project is running a Linux host with a Buildbot
worker on Nezha D1-1GB to do continuous integration for The Tcpdump
Group. Most of the time it does not require physical access to the
board, and it does not depend on the peripherals D1 implements (sound,
GPIO, USB etc.)

With this in mind, it might be better to use a hardware RISC-V host
maintained by someone else, rather than to continue to host the board
myself. If anyone on this list maintains an always-up Linux RISC-V
host and would be willing to provide such a service to the community
free of charge, please contact me off-list to discuss the details. The
credit would be given at https://www.tcpdump.org/ci.html

Cheers.

--
Denis Ovsienko

Jeff Scheel

Oct 11, 2022, 11:05:18 AM10/11/22
to Denis Ovsienko, RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hey, Denis, thanks for the post.  Something you might consider is using the PLCT Labs in China for your project.

To get access, you request a PR against the GitHub repo:

You'll find D1s as well as Unmatched boards.

If you have questions, I'd be happy to put you in contact with the Director of PLCT Labs, Wei Wu.

Let me know if you try it and how it goes.  I'm most intrigued to know if there are latency issues with access from a remote geography.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager

Denis Ovsienko

Oct 15, 2022, 11:45:21 AM10/15/22
to devboard-...@riscv.org
On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 11:05:06 -0400
Jeff Scheel <je...@riscv.org> wrote:

> Hey, Denis, thanks for the post. Something you might consider is
> using the PLCT Labs in China for your project.

Thank you Jeff, I will have a look and contact you off-list if I need
assistance in this direction.

--
Denis Ovsienko