Mango Pi MQ-Pro OTG Mode

CJ Long (brucelong)

Nov 11, 2023, 1:47:29 AM11/11/23
to RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hello All,

I have been lurking on here for a while, I ordered a few D1 development boards and have had them on a back burner for a while. I finally have gotten around to sitting down and working with them. I was reading the documentation, and several times, it mentions that multiple boards have USB OTG on a USB port. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting that working, or any tips and information that I might need to look into it. I have been trying to use the armbian build, with only CLI packages, but no luck so far or any notes of what settings to change, or any setup needed.

Thanks in advance,
CJ

Samuel Holland

Nov 12, 2023, 12:25:08 PM11/12/23
to CJ Long (brucelong), RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hi CJ,
Are you interested specifically in a dual-role port, or do you just need gadget support? The MangoPi MQ-Pro has one host-only port and one gadget-only port[1] due to how the CC pins are wired in the Type-C connectors. Both ports are supported on mainline Linux. Make sure your kernel config enables MUSB_SUNXI and whichever gadget functions you want to use.

Regards,
Samuel

[1]: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/riscv/boot/dts/allwinner/sun20i-d1-mangopi-mq-pro.dts?h=v6.6#n134

Indrek Kruusa

Nov 12, 2023, 2:45:34 PM11/12/23
to Samuel Holland, CJ Long (brucelong), RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hi Samuel, all,

sorry, I'm shamelessly stealing this thread for another quick question
about u-boot and allwinner D1/D1s.
Samuel, I think you know that basically the whole world is sitting on
your shoulders when it comes to allwinner D1/D1s support in u-boot.
Recently you updated your d1-wip branch and hardcoded some (memory
controller related) values for D1. Sure enough my MangoPi MQ (not pro,
with allwinner d1s cpu) wont boot anymore with newer builds. FYI, some
configurations in stable buildroot releases are also relying on your
repos. Just saying.
Do you have any plans to add support for D1s also? Is there any other
public repo in the world where d1s is supported?

Best regards,
Indrek

Kontakt Samuel Holland (<sam...@sholland.org>) kirjutas kuupäeval P,
12. november 2023 kell 19:25:

CJ Long (brucelong)

Nov 12, 2023, 9:54:15 PM11/12/23
to RISC-V Developer Board Community, sam...@sholland.org, CJ Long
Hello Samuel,

I'll be honest, I was just flashing the current Armbian image to it to see if I could get it working. I need to get the whole setup working, at the moment, I don't have the ability to look at the console. I was just going to try to use gadget mode, with gadget support. I will double check those in the kernel config. Thanks for your help.

CJ.

Indrek Kruusa

Jan 13, 2024, 9:49:26 AMJan 13
to Samuel Holland, CJ Long (brucelong), RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hi all,

I will answer my own question about u-boot and Allwinner D1/D1s - the
new u-boot release v2024.01 supports Allwinner D1/D1s out of the box
(thanks to Samuel's work)! That's absolutely fantastic! There are
still couple of peripherals which are not yet supported in the
mainline (eg. ledc, pwm, internal audio codec) but patches can be
found (or are already merged for the next kernel cycle).
Best regards,
Indrek

Kontakt Indrek Kruusa (<indrek...@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval
P, 12. november 2023 kell 21:45:

Indrek Kruusa

Jan 16, 2024, 2:47:04 PMJan 16
to Samuel Holland, CJ Long (brucelong), RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hi,
I was excited about some new pieces in u-boot code but the truth is
that Allwinner D1 support is not fully there yet.
Hopefully some wizards here will continue pushing ;)
Best regards,
Indrek

Kontakt Indrek Kruusa (<indrek...@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval
L, 13. jaanuar 2024 kell 16:49: