SENATE MINUTE 9/11/2023

Olamide Daramola, SA Secretary

Sep 12, 2023, 9:14:56 AMSep 12
to sapubli...@rice.edu
Hi everyone!

Here are the minutes from last night's Senate! Some important announcements:

  1. Announcements

    1. Senate Introductions with our New Student Representatives!

      1. Welcome to all our New Student Reps! We are excited to see what you do in the Student Association this year!!
    2. Meal Swipe Update Donation Stats

      • Last day to request meal swipes: September 15, 2023

        1. More information can be found here
      • We had a record donation of 7614 swipes that were donated for the Fall 2023. (Correction from last email, it was not 68K...my bad)

At yesterday's Senate, we discussed and approved the Blanket Tax committee's recommendations for an initiative fund request by Rice Medical Design. We were reintroduced to the Rice Native American Student Association and learned of their plans for the year, and we moved to have the October 2nd senate meeting on the fifth floor of the Ralph S. O'Connor Engineering building. Lastly, if you have resolutions, please submit resolutions to salegi...@mailman.rice.edu by Thursday at 5 PM.

For full details on everything we discussed at Senate, please check out the minutes below!
Best,
--
Olamide Daramola
B.A. Psychology