Error on Sorting by createdDate

Linda Paiste

Nov 21, 2020, 3:29:20 PM11/21/20
to apidev
I am getting a 500 Internal Server Error when trying to sort by `animals.createdDate` in descending order (newest first).  I have no problems sorting by `animals.createdDate` in ascending order (oldest first), which seems to be the default sort order.

works:

doesn't work:

Thanks for fixing the distance issue!  I hate to be a nag but I'll keep letting you know about errors when I see them.

Linda

Richard Saffell

Nov 22, 2020, 11:14:23 AM11/22/20
to apidev, linda...@gmail.com
Linda,

I believe we've resolved the issue with the descending sort!  Thanks for reporting the issue.

Richard

Benjamin Wanicur

Feb 24, 2021, 2:22:09 PM2/24/21
to apidev, Richard Saffell, linda...@gmail.com
Hi Richard

If I try sorting without the "-" (default sort order ?), it does work:

https://test1-api.rescuegroups.org/v5/public/animals/search?include=orgs&sort=animals.updatedDate

This example has a include QS also, but I confirmed the same error exists without the include.

Cheers

Richard Saffell

Apr 17, 2021, 1:36:43 PM4/17/21
to apidev, bwan...@gmail.com, Richard Saffell, linda...@gmail.com
Ben,

I'm hoping you'll find that sorting by  -animals.updatedDate is working now...  Sorry for the delay.

Richard