Possible API issues with Let's Encrypt certificates

Richard Saffell

Oct 1, 2021, 6:38:30 PM10/1/21
to apidev
All,

We are currently experiencing an issue where some SSL certificates may not be trusted due to an expired certificate in the Let's Encrypt certificate chain.

This may affect picture uploads and other actions that require our servers to retrieve a file using HTTPS.

We're looking into the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Richard

Richard Saffell

Oct 1, 2021, 7:17:04 PM10/1/21
to apidev, Richard Saffell
All,

After researching this issue further, we believe that the issues may be caused by certificates that include a recently expired Let's Encrypt CA certificate: DST Root CA X3

If you're not sure if your website's certificate is affected you can use an SSL checker like this one: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest

Here's a link to more information about this change: https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/production-chain-changes/150739/4

We do not believe there is anything we need to do on our side to resolve this issue, but we will continue to research and monitor the situation. If you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to post here.

Thank you,

Richard