Emergency MDOT fiber repair!! - Tuesday 9/21 at 8am EASTERN affecting DIISD DSISD MCISD

1 view

remc...@remc1.org

Sep 20, 2021, 6:24:09 PM9/20/21
to ne...@remc1.org
RT Ticket Number: 261614
REMC1 Network service issue
Date/Time started: Tuesday 9/21 8am EST
Estimated date/time of resolution: Tuesday 9/21 4pm EST

Member Impact: MCISD, DIISD, DSISD

Services Impact: All WAN and Internet services

Comment: MDOT in conjunction with PFN will be moving a leg of fiber tomorrow Tuesday 9/21 between 8am and 4pm Eastern time. This will likely be a full outage for MCISD, DIISD and DSISD districts. The full window of time will likely not be utilized but the possibility always exists. MDOT has given PFN (the owners of this fiber run) almost no warning. REMC1 has just been made aware of this outage and is sending out this notice immediately. Furthermore the 8am to 4pm time slot is the only time slot MDOT can secure an inspector/engineer. MDOT will allow NO room for movement. We will do our best to investigate the communication breakdown at MDOT in the hopes of avoiding a similar scenario in the future.
Thank you,
sup...@remc1.net