Internet Service Disruption

Steve Kass

Jul 28, 2020, 10:49:59 AM7/28/20
to ne...@remc1.org
REMC1 Internet service issue
Date/Time started: 9:22 am Tuesday 7/28
Estimated date/time of resolution: N/A

Member Impact: Internet Services All REMC1 districts

Services Impact: All Internet Services

Comment: We are currently experiencing disruption to Internet services due to a fiber cut on the Merit connection.  We'll update as we learn more.

remcnetop

Jul 28, 2020, 11:19:23 AM7/28/20
to Netop, Steve Kass
REMC1 Internet service issue
Date/Time started: 9:22 am Tuesday 7/28
Estimated date/time of resolution: 2:30 pm EDR, Tuesday 7/18

Member Impact: Internet Services All REMC1 districts

Services Impact: All Internet Services

Comment: MERIT has notified us on the fiber outage and has dispatched an underground crew to investigate.  They are expecting the outage to last until 2:30 p.m. EDT.  We'll continue to provide updates as we learn more.

remcnetop

Jul 28, 2020, 12:51:13 PM7/28/20
to Netop, remcnetop
REMC1 Internet service issue
Date/Time started: 9:22 am Tuesday 7/28
Estimated date/time of resolution: 2:30 pm EDR, Tuesday 7/18

Member Impact: DIISD, DSID, CTE, Finlandia, HCMCF, MCISD, WUPHD

Services Impact: All Internet Services

Comment: MERIT is still working to repair the cut fiber.  We were able to restore service for some sites via a backup connection.  Unfortunately, the sites listed above will remain down until the Merit fiber is repaired.  Merit is anticipating the outage to last until 2:30 pm EDT.

Thank you and we'll continue to keep you updated as we learn more.

remcnetop

Jul 28, 2020, 3:51:40 PM7/28/20
to Netop, remcnetop
REMC1 Internet service issue
Date/Time started: 9:22 am Tuesday 7/28

Member Impact: All REMC1 Internet Service

Services Impact: All REMC1 Internet Services

Comment: Merit has fixed the damaged fiber line (cause by road construction near Market Street in Hancock).  REMC1 is pleased to announce that all Internet services are now restored.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us a sup...@remc1.net.

REMC1 Support