2019 Fall Sailing: Update #3

Director PYSF

Sep 11, 2019, 12:35:32 AM9/11/19
to pysf...@pysf.us
Hello PYSF Parents andSailors—

I hope you are all excited for practice to begin!!  We have been getting everything ready behind the scenes!  Everyone that is registered in our classes (minus High School Race Team) should have received an email from me last night.  Please see the updates below for the upcoming weeks.  I look forward to seeing you in the next few days down at the water! —Molly

Fall Registration
All of our class registrations closed on September 7th (except High School).  We have very full classes!  All of the class times and dates can be found on our website.  Our High School Race Team has this week to bring their friends, invite newbies, etc to to try it out.  High School Registration will close on Sunday Sept 15.  Here is a breakdown of this week’s practice and the venue/coach:
Wednesday
  • Opti Green (8 kids): Westpoint Harbor (Oliver Olsen)
  • Opti Champ (6 kids): Westpoint Harbor (John Vandemoer)
  • Design Tech (22+ kids): Port of RWC Boat Ramp (Molly and Chris Huang)
Thursday
  • High School (10 schools currently): Port of RWC Boat Ramp (Molly, Chris, Oliver)
Friday
  • 420 Intermediate (20 kids): Westpoint Harbor (Molly, Chris, Oliver)
Saturday
  • High School: Port of RWC Boat Ramp (Molly, Chris, Oliver)
Sunday
  • Opti Intro-to-Race (10 kids): Westpoint Harbor (Chris)
  • FJ Intro (8 kids): Westpoint Harbor (Oliver)

Update on the Move
We have moved all our of boats over to Westpoint Harbor thanks to all of YOU!!  The work party on Sunday was amazing.  There was so much accomplished.  I am always blown away by the amount of people that are there, giving up their weekend to help out.  You guys are awesome!!!  The racks have been built, padded, wheeled into place.  The containers are there, minus one showing up next week.  And we’re ready for everyone to load the racks this week at practice!!  Thank you again for all of your hard work on Sunday.  I am sure all of you were feeling it after you left!  I know I was!!

Info Nights
I know you have all seen the emails, and maybe some are wondering “why so many?”  Well, we really do have a LOT going on. And the amount of questions I get definitely warrants a meeting to get you all in one place to have them all answered!!  Our Fall Sailing Info Night is Sept 19th 6-8pm at Sequoia Yacht Club.  This will focus on our entire program, give more of an overview and then have a High School focus for the second half.  Our Opti Race Team meeting will be Wed Sept 25th 6-7pm at Westpoint Harbor.  Our 420 Race Team meeting will be Fri Sept 27th 6-7pm at Westpoint Harbor.  All are welcome to attend any of them.  My hope is that we are all on the same page for the season/year going forward, expectations are set and questions are answered!!