2019 Fall Sailing: Update #10

Director PYSF

Nov 5, 2019, 5:37:36 PM11/5/19
to pysf...@pysf.us
Hello PYSF Parents and Sailors—

The dreaded time change is here!  Ugh, our days are short and the wind seems to go away with the sunshine…  But we will continue to have practice through the month.  There is plenty to practice on those extremely light afternoons.  Just ask the high school sailors at Encinal this weekend!  With the time change, we will still be ending weekday practice at the same time (6:30).  Please remember to bring extra warm clothes for derigging and debrief time, as it will be much colder once the sun goes behind the hill.

This weekend at home we have Opti Race Team practice and Learn-to-Sail on Saturday.  Brett and Thomas will be with the Learn-to-Sail group.  And John and Oliver will be with the Optis.  We also have teams competing in a High School regatta down in Southern California.  Chris will be coaching.  Please see the updates below for the upcoming BAYS Winter Series #2, High School and 420 Race Teams.  —Molly

High School Parent Reps were all sent an update yesterday that included links, dates, etc.  Please make sure you are staying in contact with your school’s rep.  This past weekend we had 11 boats compete at Encinal YC.  Congrats to Crystal Springs (Mason/Stefan) tying for first (ended up 3rd) in Gold Fleet on Saturday!  Also congrats to Design Tech (Joss/David) on your 4th place finish (points were close!) in Silver Fleet on Sunday!  RESULTS There will be no practice on Saturday, Nov 16 due to all of our assets being at the BAYS regatta the same weekend.  Good luck to the three Design Tech teams competing this weekend at PCISA #2 (Anteater) at Newport Harbor YC!!

Earlier today I sent an update to the 420 Mailing List.  We are finalizing plans for our winter travel through Midwinters in February and it is important that we are all on the same page!  Please make sure you read over the email with your sailor/parents and plan ahead (if not for this trip, for next winter!).  We will be doing the same for the Summer 420 events this March/April.

BAYS Winter Series #2 @ Santa Cruz YC Nov 16-17
We have another great turnout for the upcoming BAYS Regatta.  It looks like 48 sailors, 29 sailboats, 6 coaches!  Below are the sailors I have listed.  I am still sorting out what the trailer situation will look like.  We will be chartering motorboats and trailers to make it possible for everyone to sail, so some pieces are not set yet…!!  The towing will be sent out on Monday of next week.  Assume we will need 12-14 drivers each way.  We will not need any opti’s to be car-topped this time.  Please get yourself registered with Santa Cruz YC now   If a sail number is unknown, please list TBD and update once known.
  • Opti Green Fleet (8 boats)
    • Max Kaufman
    • Adam Kan
    • Nolan Theodore
    • Ansel Koch
    • Francisco Dias
    • Alexander Gutzman
    • Abel Toth
    • Luca Mejia-Young
  • Opti Champ (5 boats)
    • Peter Tcherepnin
    • Justin Turcotte
    • Gavin Murphy
    • Max Brameld
    • Tomer Polak
  • FJ (6 boats)
    • Annabelle Brameld/Stefan Luedtke/Michael Ma
    • Max Huffer/Saahil Kapoor/Jihyo Park
    • Nathan Freed/Holden Rodgers/Elias Wu
    • Joss Ettrick/David Jelniker
    • Parth Iyer/Amartya Iyer