2019 Fall Sailing: Update #8

Director PYSF

Oct 17, 2019, 1:15:45 AM10/17/19
to pysf...@pysf.us
Hello PYSF Parents and Sailors—

Thank you all for getting yourselves signed up on our sign-up genius for the upcoming regatta!  It has taken me some time to organize all of you!  We will be taking 12 trailers and 52 sailors!!  Holy moly…!!  Below you will see the pairs and who I have sailing the regatta.  You will also see names listed for towing.  We have enough drivers!!!  You guys are amazing!  It takes a village…  You will get more info about the weekend next week.  But you all need to register with StFYC now.  I will follow up with the High School Parent Reps with more info to help the FJ sailors through the process tomorrow.  Please see the updates below.  I look forward to seeing all of you near the water soon (and for sure at our Holiday Party on December 7th!!)  —Molly

Intro Classes
  • All classes that ended this past weekend (FJ Intro, Opti Intro-to-Race) will be hearing from me tomorrow.  I apologize I haven’t gotten in contact with you already since the last day!  I have seen many emails about what’s next for your sailors and hopefully my communication tomorrow will help.
  • Learn-to-Sail will have Hanna and Chris this Saturday.
  • 420 Intermediate has weekend practice this Sunday.

High School Race Team
  • Congrats Design Tech on a strong showing in Silver Fleet this past weekend (9th and 10th out of 33 teams).  PCISA #1 @ Monterey saw 6 races completed in light breeze.  RESULTS
  • This coming weekend Jemma/Amelia and Zoe/Melanie will be competing in San Diego at the Women’s Invite.  Good luck!!
  • The next three regattas (NorCal 1-Day #3 and #4, PCISA #2) need to have sign-ups updated by this coming Monday October 21st.  Please make sure you have updated your availability by then so I can send the pairings to the Parent Reps.
  • There will be NO PRACTICE on Halloween, Thursday October 31st.

420 Race Team
  • You have Sunday practice this weekend with Udi and Mimi El-Khazindar.  Both Mimi and Caroline will be coaching at the regatta the following weekend.  So please make sure to be there this weekend!  Last chance for a long practice before the event.

BAYS #1 @ StFYC October 26-27
  • Registration LINK
  • Opti Green
    • Adam Kan
    • Max Brameld
    • Francisco Dias
    • Nolan Theodore
    • Alexander Gutzman
    • Ansel Koch
    • Max Kaufman
    • Dominic Lin
  • Opti Champ
    • Lorenzo Maino
    • Peter Tcherepnin
    • Justin Turcotte
    • Tomer Polak
    • Aidan Gurskis
    • William Jojarth
    • Gavin Murphy
  • FJ
    • Annabelle Brameld/Mallory Moore
    • Matthew Huskins/Michael Ma
    • Nick Eletich/Katja Fallon
    • Ryan Ting/Saahil Kapoor
    • Max Huffer/Asher Thomas/Elias Wu
    • Ella Duarte/Ameera Hoodhboy
    • Nathan Freed/Holden Rogers
    • Vasant /Om
  • 420
    • Robert Ziman/Jeremy Flint
    • Michael McCulloch/Frank Hobson
    • Jack Murphy/Tatem Gee
    • Garrett Blosen/Max Saparov
    • Christopher Tang/Avia Bouani
    • Alec Van Kerckhove/Dylan Murphy
    • Lucas Kasper/Liam Tubach
    • Sebastian Bounds/Charlie Single
    • Ethan Lowenthal/Audrey Turcotte (Sat), Anthony Newman (Sun)
    • Jemma Schroder/Zoe Flemate (both Sunday only)
  • Towing to StFYC
    • Steve Kan*
    • Nathan Freed*
    • Ken Brameld*