Fwd: StFYC College Sailing Forum

Director PYSF

Nov 26, 2019, 6:16:01 PM11/26/19
to pysf...@pysf.us
FYI...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brent Harrill <bhar...@stfyc.com>
Subject: StFYC College Sailing Forum
Date: November 23, 2019 at 1:57:42 PM PST
To: SFYC Youth <yo...@sfyc.org>, Renee Decurtis <co...@sausalitoyachtclub.org>, Molly Vandemoer <dire...@pysf.us>, Dan Brandt <dan.highe...@gmail.com>, Mike Scott <coac...@gmail.com>, "Phelan, Peter" <Peter....@teufelberger.com>, Chris Childers <chrisc...@USSAILING.ORG>, Barb Grove <sgro...@pacbell.net>, Travis Lund <travi...@tisailing.org>, Blaine Pedlow <bpe...@gmail.com>, Forrest Gay - SFYC Director of Sailing <for...@sfyc.org>

Sailing Leaders,
Please share the following information.

Friday December 20th 6:00-8:00pm
We will be holding our third annual College Sailing Forum.  This is a great opportunity for High School sailors to learn from Bay Area junior sailors who now sail in college.  Last year we had representation from 15 different college sailing teams from all around the country.  Come learn about what college sailing is all about, the differences between a Varsity team and a Club team, how to reach out to the sailing coaches and how to visit a team while on a college tour.  Great for sailors and parents.  The event is free, please sign up here if you plan to attend.

For College Sailors
If you are interested in representing your college sailing team at our College Forum on Friday Dec 20th 6:30pm at the St.FYC, we would welcome your participation.  Please sign up here.

For College Sailor who want to go sailing!!
StFYC Junior Alumni Regatta
This year we are going to have our second annual StFYC Junior Alumni Regatta.  This event is open to all ex StFYC juniors, so spread the word.  We will be racing on Saturday Dec 21st from 10:30am – 3:00pm.  Racing will be held in FJ’s, you do not need to come as a team, we will pair everyone up and get you out on the water.  Adam and I will be your Race Committee and we may even jump in a boat for old time sake.
Sign up here and share with others.  Assuming we do not have oversubscription, we will open the event to sailors from other clubs, so invite your sailing friends and we will have a great event.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Best Regards,

Brent Harrill
Sailing Director