2019 Fall Sailing: Update #11

Director PYSF

Nov 12, 2019, 7:02:04 PM11/12/19
to pysf...@pysf.us
Hello PYSF Parents and Sailors—

I hope everyone enjoyed their Veteran’s Day Weekend.  We had high school sailors competing down south in Newport Beach  Learn-to-Sail and Opti Race Team practicing on Saturday, and Sunday/Monday we had some 420 sailors practicing in the I420 for the upcoming Turkey Day Regatta.  Great to see so many kids in so many different boats (in so many locations!).  We have a lot of updates this week.  Please read through what is listed below.  I hope to see ALL of you at our Holiday Party December 7th @ Sequoia YC 6-9pm.  Can’t wait for the skits!  —Molly

PYSF Holiday Party
This will be our third annual Holiday Party!  And like the past years, we will have a silent auction and the sailors will be performing skits!  It is a great way to get together (away from the dock!) and have a good time before the holidays take over and we are into 2020!!  I hope all of our families can attend from Learn-to-Sail through our returning sailors, and alumni!  We will need to have a head count by December 3rd, so please make sure to fill out the RSVP.  The 420, Opti and High School Parent Reps email lists will be receiving the breakdown of basket themes and teams.
  • When: Saturday, Dec 7th 6-9pm
  • Where: Sequoia Yacht Club
  • RSVP

BAYS Winter Series #2 THIS Weekend
Below is the updated list of sailors and towers.  We now have 52 sailors and 32 sailboats heading to Santa Cruz YC this weekend!!  Thank you to Peter Phelan from Santa Cruz YC for taking two of our FJs this weekend to ease in the transportation of boats.  We will need 2 Optis car-topped and a few more drivers to get all of the trailers down and back.  Please let me know if you can fill a void.
  • Towing to Santa Cruz YC
    • PY 3-Boat: Freed
    • PY 3-Boat: Gee
    • PY 3-Boat: Brameld
    • PY 3-Boat: Huffer
    • CISA 3-Boat: Blosen
    • CISA 3-Boat: Tang
    • 8-Boat Opti: Mejia
    • 6-Boat Opti: Polak
    • Red Coach: Van Kerckhove
    • Grey Coach: Bounds
    • RC Coach: Kasper
    • Edgewater Coach: ???
  • Towing to PYSF
    • PY 3-Boat: Freed
    • PY 3-Boat: Gee
    • PY 3-Boat: Brameld
    • PY 3-Boat: Huffer
    • CISA 3-Boat: Stang
    • CISA 3-Boat: Tong
    • 8-Boat Opti: Toth
    • 6-Boat Opti: Polak
    • Red Coach: Van Kerckhove
    • Grey Coach: ???
    • RC Coach: ???
    • Edgewater Coach: ???
  • Opti Green Fleet (9 boats)
    • Max Kaufman
    • Adam Kan
    • Nolan Theodore
    • Ansel Koch
    • Francisco Dias
    • Alexander Gutzman
    • Abel Toth
    • Luca Mejia-Young
    • Dominic Lin
  • Opti Champ (7 boats)
    • Peter Tcherepnin
    • Justin Turcotte
    • Gavin Murphy
    • Max Brameld
    • Tomer Polak
    • Lorenzo Maino
    • Nati Grinkrug
  • FJ (6 boats)
    • Annabelle Brameld/Stefan Luedtke/Michael Ma
    • Max Huffer/Saahil Kapoor/Jihyo Park
    • Nathan Freed/Holden Rodgers/Elias Wu
    • Joss Ettrick/David Jelniker
    • Parth Iyer/Amartya Iyer/Ameera Hoodbhoy
    • Nick Eletich/Carolyn Cobos
  • C420 (10 boats)
    • Ethan Lowenthal/Anthony Newman
    • Mason Stang/Timmy Gee
    • Robert Ziman/Audrey Turcotte
    • Michael McCulloch/Frank Hobson
    • Jack Murphy/Tatem Gee
    • Garrett Blosen/Max Saparov
    • Chris Tang/Avia Bouani
    • Alec Van Kerckhove/Dylan Murphy
    • Lucas Kasper/Liam Tubach
    • Sebastian Bounds/Charlie Single

Remaining Practice This Season
  • Learn-to-Sail has two more practices, this Saturday and November 23rd
  • 420 Intermediate will have two more Friday practices before your Winter Break.  There is no practice Sunday November 16th, as all of our resources will be at BAYS #2 in Santa Cruz.
  • High School Race Team will have their normal weekday practices (Wednesday and Thursday) the next two weeks.  You will have your final practice on Saturday November 23rd.
  • Opti and 420 Race Team both have their weekday practices remaining in the

Winter Clinics
As we begin to wind down the Fall Season I wanted to put some dates out for sailing opportunities between seasons.  Our Fall Season ends the weekend before Thanksgiving and our Spring Season will begin February 5th.  Sign-up information for the clinics listed below will be coming next week and will be posted to our website.  These will be open to sailors outside PYSF as well.  We have clinics for Optis, FJs, C420s and I420s so everyone should have a spot that might fit them!
  • Dec 7-8: C420 Clinic
    • Goal: Learn fundamentals of C420
    • Who: Opti Sailors transitioning to C420, C420 Intermediate level sailors
    • Cost: $200/sailor
  • Jan 11-12: I420 Clinic
    • Goal: Warm-up for North Americans
    • Who: Anyone that is competing the I420 or has extensive C420 experience
    • Cost: $200 charter + $200/sailor
  • Jan 18-19: Opti Clinic
    • Goal: Warm-up for Spring Season
    • Who: Opti Champ Level sailor
    • Cost: $200/sailor
  • Jan 25-26: High School Clinic
    • Goal: Warm-up for the Spring Season
    • Who: Anyone that is a returner to High School sailing (no new sailors)
    • Cost: $100/sailor