Dry Storage Agreement and Information

Director PYSF

Oct 16, 2019, 2:10:00 PM10/16/19
to PYS...@pysf.us, Opti Email PYSF, Board
Hello PYSF Parents and Sailors—

Attached you will find the "Dry Boat Storage Agreement" and “Rules and Regulations.” I need anyone keeping a boat in storage with us at Westpoint Harbor to print, complete and sign the agreement and get back to me before the end of the month. There will be a folder on my desk in the blue container that you can put them in if I am not there when you bring it down.

As we become accustomed to being at Westpoint Harbor, we have learned some common practices that will help the Harbor adjust to our presence and make the transition of zero kids, to 100 kids manageable by the Harbor tenants. At the end of the day, we are all water and boat users and working together is usually fairly easy. We just need to remember that everyone needs some time to get used to the change and how to make it easy on everyone!

1. We cannot leave unattended boats on the dock that touches the boat ramp. (If you need to launch and leave your boat at the dock for some reason I suggest sailing it across to the open L-Shaped dock so that it can sit downwind and float free in the water. I would not leave it on the dock to the right of the ramp, as it will leave your boat sitting upwind of the dock).

2. Be courteous of the other boaters in the Harbor. The boat ramp is a public boat ramp (just like the ramp at Old PY). That means that both tenants of the harbor and the general public could be using the ramp at the same time as all of us. Keep the ramp open when possible. Offer assistance if it looks like someone needs it. Be conscious of other boats waiting to use the ramp. And share the very narrow channel with other boaters when heading into/out of the harbor.

3. We have access to two gates leading into our dry storage area. The electric gate that Westpoint Harbor Dry Storage tenants have access to. As well as our manual swing gate. When you leave Dry Storage the gate must be closed and secured by you. Remember that along with your boat, all of PYSF privately owned boats are secured there. We cannot leave the area open to folks that are not part of our program.

4. Keep the area clean and orderly. No trash on the ground. No boats full of water. No shredded covers. No flat tires.

5. Lastly, the harbor has a “no noise” policy, meaning no standing rigging can make noise on the boats. All of the 420s need to have their halyards, trap lines, etc. secured out to their shroud adjusters and/or bow.

Thank you! —Molly

PYSF DBS Agreement.pdf