Fwd: Reimagining the Summer of 2020

Director PYSF

May 26, 2020, 6:20:46 PM5/26/20
to PYS...@pysf.us
All—

Please see the update from the C420 Class below.  Reminder that PYSF will be having two 420 Race Team Camps this summer.  Each camp will be 4 weeks in duration, a max size of 12 kids and sailors will be able to sail two people per boat.  Registration will re-open for summer TOMORROW.  We will also have Rec Sailing hours on the weekends throughout the summer.

While we might not be traveling for regattas, there are still plenty of opportunities to get yourself out on the water and thinking about sailing this summer!  The class is organizing some virtual clinics and college nights for its members.  And we are slotted to host one of the regional events in September if the health orders allow for it.  Please read below.  —Molly

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Club 420 Board of Directors" <jmo...@club420.org>
Subject: Reimagining the Summer of 2020
Date: May 26, 2020 at 2:01:10 PM PDT

As much as the Club 420 Association has been committed to keeping our full schedule of summer events, we have found that bringing sailors together to have true championship events is untenable for the summer of 2020.

Specifically, the following events are now cancelled:

  • 2020 New England Championship
  • 2020 North American Championship
  • 2020 US National Championship
  • 2020 National Team Race Championship – CJ Buckley Team Race
  • 2020 Buzzards Bay Championship

Registration fees will be refunded this week.  If you are registered for any events this summer, you will receive a refund of your registration fees with the credit card transaction fees and any waiver management fees deducted from the refund.  It may take stripe 3-4 days to process these refunds.

We are in the process of reimagining summer sailing as a class.  We have a plan to get our sailors back on the water and provide high end content, virtually, for all of our members.

  1. Regional Regattas – Mark your calendars for the weekends of Sept 12-13 and Sept 19-20.  There will be a series of events hosted at various clubs across the country on these two weekends.
  2. Mini Clinics – The class is work to bringing high end C420 coaches to select clubs across the country.  These clinics will have a virtual component that will be open to all members.
  3. Virtual College Night – One of the highlights of the summer is the college night that happens at the CJ Buckley Team Race Championship.  The class is working with the ICSA to bring a virtual version of this to our members.

Looking forward to 2021. We are excited to announce the dates for the summer of 2021.

  • February 13-15, 2021 Midwinters Championship, US Sailing Center Martin County, FL
  • June 29-30, 2021 New England Championship, Wadawanuck Club, CT
  • July 13-16, 2021 North American Championship, Grosse Pointe Yacht Club, MI
  • July 21-23, 2021 US National Championship Brant Beach Yacht Club, NJ
  • July 26-27 2021 National Team Race Championship – CJ Buckley Team Race, East Greenwich, RI
  • TBD, 2021 Buzzards Bay Championship, Fort Taber, New Bedford, MA

What can you do?

    • Keep your membership current - https://club420.org/membership/check-membership
    • Stay tuned as we communicate about virtual and non-virtual events over the coming weeks - we will communicate,
    • Share your sailing pics, your graduation pics, and positive thoughts on our social media and give us feedback;
    • If you have questions ask Dillon Paiva (our Executive Director  e...@club420.org ) or one of the Directors.  All contact information is at www.club420.org

So, stay safe and let’s see if we can reimagine the summer of 2020 together.

Your Club 420 Board of Directors

This message was sent to obryan...@gmail.com from jmo...@club420.org

Club 420 Board of Directors
Club 420 Association