Importance of Following Safety Guidelines

1 view

Director PYSF

Jul 24, 2020, 2:14:58 PM7/24/20
to pys...@pysf.us
Hello PYSF 420 Race Team Parents and Sailors—

I hope everyone is having a fun and safe summer. We are definitely in new and strange times! While I am extremely grateful that we are able to have the kids here sailing in some way, I want to remind everyone how important it is that we are as SAFE as possible. We do everything in our power to mitigate risk in order to provide the opportunity for our kids to go sailing. We keep each camp small. We isolate camps from the others to minimize potential spread. We use hand sanitizer and we spray disinfectant on everything throughout the day. And in my mind the most effective thing we do is wear masks. When I began to plan for Summer 2020 I was hesitant about the Learn-to-Sail class. I thought that 8-10 year olds would be the biggest challenge to keep aligned with the safety guidelines. I have been proven wrong. For some reason the 420 Race Camp is the only one where kids cannot keep masks on. This is NOT OK.
When scheduling for the Fall this weighs heavily on my mind. There are not enough hours, days or coaches to accommodate the amount of sailors that would like to be here. A group that cannot live by the safety precautions quickly goes to the bottom of my list when I make the schedule. While most of our 420 sailors are following the guidelines, some are not. We are a family here and we take care of each other. Together we keep each other safe. And together we accomplish great things. I am positive that this message will not need to be sent again.

I look forward to seeing you down at PYSF in the near future. In the meantime, stay safe, sane and wear your mask!! —Molly