Orange Bowl Update

Director PYSF

Dec 7, 2020, 1:54:35 PM12/7/20
to pys...@pysf.us
Hello Orange Bowl Parents and Sailors—

We are quickly approaching the regatta date (December 26-30). As we are all well aware, we are in the middle of a global pandemic. People’s response to the virus has been varying around the world and from state to state, county to county... Each family has adjusted their daily routine to fit what is safest for them and within their comfort zone. We have sailors that have been sailing at PYSF since June, and some that have chosen not to practice at PY over the past 6 months. We have had a few sailors decide that attending a regatta in Florida is not what they would like to do. I commend these sailors for voicing their concerns with their partner and their coaches. I also commend the partners who might not have the same concerns, but are understanding of the situation. At PYSF we teach people how to sail. But more importantly we teach life skills and we stress the importance of being a good human. There should be no pressure to attend a regatta right now. If you are not comfortable with it, you should not attend. Part of being a good human is understanding and adapting.

Both Orange Bowl Regatta organizers (I420 and C420) are moving ahead as scheduled. Our sailors will be working with LISOT at this regatta. Udi Gal will be coaching as well as LISOT coaches. All daily coaching fees ($100/day/sailor) will be paid to PYSF. I will not be charging sailors until the regatta begins. We currently have seven boats attending. If you and your family decide that you will not be attending the regatta, please let myself and Udi know by this Wednesday evening. Thank you —Molly