Fwd: Club 420 Association update - Summer of 2021

Molly Vandemoer

Apr 13, 2021, 5:34:13 PM4/13/21
to pys...@pysf.us

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Club 420 Board of Directors <jmo...@club420.org>
Date: April 13, 2021 at 2:28:06 PM PDT
To: obryan...@gmail.com
Subject: Club 420 Association update - Summer of 2021

The Club 420 Association is pleased to announce that 2021 will have a full slate of events this summer!

As you might imagine, there will probably be some changes from what you would expect in a  normal year, we do not know the full extent of the changes until we see what conditions are like a bit closer to each event.  But expect the following;

  • Event capacity limits depending on the covid restrictions of each local event organizer;
  • Registration will be limited as above and will open approximately 90 days prior to the event, so check the C420 website calendar, social media outlets and the NORs for each event;
  • Covid 19 protocols may be in effect.  Please check prior to traveling what the covid protocols will be for each event – these will be posted on the event Clubspot page.

We are proud to announce the 2021 Triple Crown series.  After five successful years of record participation, and one year of a global pandemic, we have adjusted the series to be as inclusive as possible for 2021, adding in one event, but keeping the number of scoring events the same.  Competitors will earn points in the series based on their placement in each qualifying regatta and the weight we attribute to each regatta.  For a full list of the qualifying regattas and the rules for 2021 please go to https://club420.org/triple-crown

The summer schedule is currently as follows and may be subject to change:

• New England C420 Championship, Wadawanuck Club, CT               June 29-30

• North American C420 Championship, Rochester Yacht Club, NY.    July 14-17

US National C420 Championship, Brant Beach Yacht Club, NJ    July 20-22

• Club 420 Association Annual General Meeting, Brant Beach YC      July 21

• CJ Buckley Team Regatta, East Greenwich, CT

 Club 420 Association Team Race Championship                      July 26- 27

• C420 South Shore Championship, Sayville Yacht Club, NY                July 30 –Aug 1

Its been brought to our attention that some people may not be seeing all of our announcements on social media.  Please follow us on Instagram and Facebook to make certain you are getting the latest announcements.

Have a great summer of sailing and as always reach out with any questions.

Your Club 420 Board of Directors

This message was sent to obryan...@gmail.com from jmo...@club420.org

Club 420 Board of Directors
Club 420 Association