Fwd: Update from the Club 420 Association Board of Directors on the Summer of 2020

Director PYSF

Mar 22, 2020, 3:44:09 PM3/22/20
to pys...@pysf.us
FYI...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Club 420 Board of Directors <jmo...@club420.org>
Date: March 22, 2020 at 10:47:21 AM PDT
To: obryan...@gmail.com
Subject: Update from the Club 420 Association Board of Directors on the Summer of 2020

The Club 420 Association is committed to keeping our full schedule of summer events.  However, given the current situation concerning the worldwide pandemic and its unknown path of evolution, the lack of understanding as to the impact on the sport of sailing, the consequences with regards to the differing measures of confinement as taken by federal, state, and local governments, and the availability of the indispensable volunteers and officials required for the success of the events, we cannot guarantee that any or all events will occur..

What we are doing

  • Establishing a schedule so that you will know 30 days prior to an event whether that specific event will happen.  We are working closely with each host to make the appropriate decisions at the right time.  Please refer to the schedule at the bottom of this communication for specifics;
  • Eliminating registration late fees for all events until 72 hours prior to an event;
  • Event Refunds - If and when an event is cancelled, you will get a refund of registration fees EXCEPT credit card transaction fees or waiver management fees;
  • Working with our builders (currently Zim and LaserPerformance) to ensure a supply of new and charter boats, along with sails and parts;
  • Maintaining our close community, including working with Coaches to provide suitable communications and content for your use.

What we are asking you to do

  • Be Flexible – realize that event may be canceled - do not overcommit financially.   Perhaps rely on hotels / air tickets with cancelable terms;
  • Be Safe – don’t take risks and stay healthy, we want you at our events when this clears up;
  • Support the Class
    • please keep your membership current
    • stay tuned as we communicate over the coming weeks - we will communicate,
    • Share your positive thoughts on our social media and give us feedback;
    • If you have questions ask Dillon Paiva (our Executive Director) or one of the Directors  All contact information is at www.club420.org

So, stay safe and let’s see if we can get to a great summer of sailing together.

Your Club 420 Board of Directors

Schedule

Event

Scheduled date

Decision Date

New England Championships

June 30 – July 1

June 1

North American Championships

July 14-17

June 1

US Nationals

July 22-24

June 23

CJ Buckley National Team Race Championship

July 27-28

June 29

Buzzards Bay Championship

August 7-9