New Health Order = New Schedule for 420 Race Team Camps

Director PYSF

May 29, 2020, 5:37:12 PM5/29/20
to PYS...@pysf.us, board
Hello 420 Race Team Parents—

Man, this is a never ending roller coaster…!  Ha.  While I’ve always been an adrenaline junky, not sure this is how I would have chosen to get my heart rate up in the last few weeks…  The Newest Health Order should help us solve the impossible puzzle of getting as many of you on the water as possible (safely and legally).  The camp duration is now mandated to be 3-weeks.  To increase the possible slots I am having three camps.  The first camp will start a week earlier to allow us to finish on August 7th when the rest of our summer camps end (and before August 10th which I think is still a start date for schools).

Please realize that each camp has 12 spots.  And realize that most likely someone will still not get the slot they want.  When frustration creeps in, think back to March or April when we didn’t even think we could get in a boat…  This new iteration can get 36 kids sailing.  And we will have Rec Sailing on the weekends to accommodate some more on-the-water time.  That is pretty awesome.  Please speak to your sailors, parents, partners and see if you can coordinate.  And while you are at, pick your top 2 choices because inevitably there will be some moving around I’m sure.  Remember, we are a TEAM.  Let’s try to be as flexible as possible (while adhering to our health order restrictions).

*I will not be moving anyone that is currently registered.  I will make the class fee $0 and transfer/adjust your current fee for those that are already signed up. The now 3-week setup will be $1500 per sailor.  Registration link will open at 6pm tonight.
**There will be no change to the schedule for our other camps (Learn, Opti, FJ, 420/Laser).

Camp 1: June 8-June 26
Camp 2: June 29-July 17
Camp 3: July 20-Aug 7