Orange Bowl Update

Director PYSF

Sep 17, 2020, 1:21:49 PM9/17/20
to pys...@pysf.us
Hello 420 Sailors—

While traveling and sailing in a regatta seem like a far away thing here in the state of California, Florida is planning for events.  The Orange Bowl is a regatta that we usually attend (in both the C420 and the I420) and is run December 26-30 in Miami, Florida.  Here is the Notice of Race for the C420 Orange Bowl.  They have amended the size of the fleet to 50 boats, and changed the registration date.  Registration opens on Oct 12th at 6am PST.

The I420 equivalent is run just down the street at Coconut Grove Sailing Club at the same time.  That registration is already open and will also have a smaller fleet size.  Here is the NOR for the I420 Orange Bowl Regatta:

If you are interested in attending either of these events please contact myself and/or Udi prior to September 25 so we can coordinate pairs, coaching, charter boats, etc.   —Molly

Director PYSF

Oct 11, 2020, 7:19:08 PM10/11/20
to PYS...@pysf.us
Hello All—

A follow-up to this email now that we have heard from everyone...

We will have sailors at both events (hopefully)!  They have delayed the C420 Orange Bowl Registration to October 13th at 6am PST.  There is still a 50 boat cap, so there is a high likelihood that not everyone will make the cutoff.  Here are the names below.  Please make sure you are poised and ready to register at 6am sharp (assume you will need US Sailing membership number, and potentially C420 Class membership number at registration).

There will be another follow up to this once registration is closed.

C420
Robert/Sawyer
Jack/Zoe
Chris/TJ