Interested in previews of PE for Ubuntu Precise?

Matthaus Litteken

May 3, 2012, 3:15:03 AM5/3/12
to Puppet Enterprise Users
We're going to have Ubuntu's latest LTS Precise supported in PE
2.5.2, which will be the next point release of Puppet Enterprise. We
will shortly have a release candidate available for testing ahead of
our release. There are other changes still slated for the final
release that won't be in the release candidate (such as IE8 support
for the console).

Are people on this list interested in trying it out? I'm happy to post
a link to the preview tarball here if there is interest.

--
Matthaus Litteken
Release Manager, Puppet Labs

loxo

May 3, 2012, 10:53:23 AM5/3/12
to Puppet Enterprise Users
I am very interested.

Erric

May 3, 2012, 12:27:30 PM5/3/12
to pe-u...@puppetlabs.com
I'll be happy to check it out.

Thank you,

Erric

Mr. Jester

May 5, 2012, 8:39:34 PM5/5/12
to Puppet Enterprise Users
I am interested in the release as well.

Faisal Nizam Arain

May 6, 2012, 5:12:05 AM5/6/12
to pe-u...@puppetlabs.com
I would be very inerested , have ubuntu servers in production and PE license as well

Regards
Faisal

AvaCam

May 8, 2012, 10:06:28 AM5/8/12
to Puppet Enterprise Users
I am interested as well. We have several 12.04 systems in production
use already.

Matthaus Litteken

May 15, 2012, 9:12:25 PM5/15/12
to pe-u...@puppetlabs.com
We have a release candidate ready for Ubuntu Precise systems. The
release candidate can be found at
https://s3.amazonaws.com/pe-builds-ubuntu/puppet-enterprise-2.5.2rc1-ubuntu-12.04-i386.tar.gz
and https://s3.amazonaws.com/pe-builds-ubuntu/puppet-enterprise-2.5.2rc1-ubuntu-12.04-amd64.tar.gz
As noted before, there are still a few issues planned for resolution
in the final release. They include IE8 support for the console as well
as some improvements to the upstart service provider. Please report
any issues you encounter at
https://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet-enterprise/issues/new
or post any questions to the pe-users list.