anyone using client tools with multiple PE primaries?

Victor Chavez

Feb 8, 2021, 9:50:56 PM2/8/21
to Puppet Enterprise Users
posted this in #puppet and #puppet-enterprise and didn’t get a response… support suggested I post here.

I’m setting up client tools to work with multiple PE primaries. how do you easily switch back and forth? orchestrator.conf afaict is a static config for puppet task so every time I want to run a command on a primary I have to run a custom alias that first overwrites a symlink for my orchestrator.conf and then runs the command I want. i.e. I have to first run

ln -s -f ~/.puppetlabs/client-tools/nonprod-orchestrator.conf ~/.puppetlabs/client-tools/orchestrator.conf

and then

puppet task run ...

I don’t see a way to  specify -c config_file for puppet task run … like is possible for example in getting a token

puppet-access login -c ~/.puppetlabs/client-tools/nonprod-access.conf

where I store the token in another nonprod-named file… so on and so forth.

am I the only fool trying to use client tools with multiple PE primaries?

regards,
Victor