Razor project archival

Ben Ford

Jun 3, 2021, 2:19:52 PM6/3/21
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, puppe...@googlegroups.com, pe-u...@puppet.com, voxp...@groups.io, Open Source Stewards
Razor was a highly configurable bare-metal provisioning system. It would let you provision fresh systems via arbitrary rules and let you do things like PXE boot a whole lab and let it build out all the different kinds of machines you'd need.

We shipped Razor with Puppet Enterprise starting with version 3.2. But over the years, we came to realize that it didn't align well with our business strategy and made the difficult decision to retire it as of Puppet Enterprise 2019.8, which is our current LTS release.

Now we are finishing that end-of-life process by archiving the following Razor repositories.
In true Open Source fashion, the source code is always available. We'd love it if a Razor superfan forked these repositories and took the project to new heights. If that's you, just drop us a line at open-sourc...@puppet.com and we'll help you get started.

So long, old friend!

--
Ben Ford
@binford2k

Steve Smith

Jun 3, 2021, 7:57:13 PM6/3/21
to pe-u...@puppet.com
Hi Ben,

Would it be ok if I posted this on LinkedIn?

Thanks,
Steve Smith
Principal Account Director - Federal Govt.