Continuous Delivery for PE 4.7.0 released

Carl Caum

Jul 9, 2021, 12:21:31 PM7/9/21
to Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise Users

Hello, everyone! Today we released Continuous Delivery for PE 4.7.0. This release contains an exciting new feature, many improvements, and a few bug fixes.

Fact visualizations in Estate Reporting - Previous to 4.7.0, customers who needed to answer questions about their infrastructure’s inventory had to rely on complex PQL queries fed into spreadsheets, or more commonly, 3rd party integrations such as our Splunk integration. Examples questions are:

  • How many different versions of CentOS VMs do I have?

  • How many of my compute resources are in GCP vs vSphere?

  • How many physical servers are about to run out of warranty?

We’ve always had the data to answer these questions (or provided a way to get the data via custom facts), but we’ve never provided a way to easily and quickly answer these types of questions in our product.

With CD for PE 4.7.0, you can now select and visualize the distribution of any fact value across all of your PE servers! It even supports custom and trusted facts! You can also save fact visualizations as part of a View so you can revisit the data regularly, or share it with a colleague to get the information themselves in a self service way.

To try this feature, go to Nodes in the left hand navigation and expand the “Fact charts” section. Feedback is welcome!

Usability Improvements - Version 4.7.0 introduces several improvements to the design and usability of Continuous Delivery for PE, including:

  • Several web UI pages have been updated with a cleaner, more streamlined design.

  • The Users page now shows the complete list (up to 1,000 users) of all users in a workspace.

Bugs fixed:

  • New Azure DevOps integrations can now be set up successfully.

  • If an empty (memberless) LDAP group map is added to Continuous Delivery for PE, other previously added LDAP group maps now sync correctly.

  • When a new workspace is created, jobs in that workspace now default to running on workspace hardware.

  • Node filter results are now correctly returned for fact names that use dot notation.

  • A change to a saved view created by removing a filter can now be saved.