Update to a package component in PE 2019.8.7 and PE 2021.2

Puppet Product Update

Jul 6, 2021, 11:32:56 AM7/6/21
to Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise Users

Hello, everyone! We recently discovered a SQL injection issue affecting PE 2019.8.6 and PE 2021.1. We quickly turned around a fix for this and released it in PE 2019.8.7 and PE 2021.2 on Jun 24, 2021. Soon after, we discovered these changes caused an issue for some customers using CD4PE Impact Analysis.

To use Impact Analysis against PE 2019.8.7 or PE 2021.2 an update to the pe-r10k package is required. Please see this Knowledge Base article on how to update it.

Future updates to your PE system will proceed as normal when using the PE Installer.

The next release of PE, currently scheduled for August 2021 will contain the r10k fix. We encourage all customers to update to the latest version of PE which contains security and other fixes.

Please reach out to support.puppet.com with any questions or concerns.