Casco Bay News -Right Now!

cascobay-announce

Mar 7, 2017, 5:08:13 PM3/7/17
to cascobay-announce

University of Scouting

Register today https://scoutingevent.com/218-2017universityofscouting

For youth and adults

Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts and Venturers, check out what we have to offer YOU!

Just 3 1/2 more days until the University is HERE!  SIGN UP NOW!

https://scoutingevent.com/218-2017universityofscouting

District Volunteer Recognition Dinner

March 25th, dinner begins at 5:30 pm - Awards at 7:00 pm

Please join us in recognizing fellow volunteers, for their servant leadership to the youth and communities in which we live.  there's still time to recognize members of your unit!  Please see the Unit Scouter of the Year form below.

JOIN US TUESDAY, MARCH 14TH AT CABELLA'S for our Spring Recruiting Campaign Kick-Off!  Please send one leader from your unit to learn about incentives for this Springs recruiting efforts, Eat PIZZA, and Win DOOR PRIZES!

Cub Scout News

The Casco Bay Invitational

Pinewood Derby of Champions
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Freeport Middle School, 19 Kendall Lane, Freeport

All Cub Scout Packs in Casco Bay are invited to send six racers (drivers/cars).  Please consider sending your top five racers and Best in Show, or a sixth racer. Cost per Scout/Racer is $6.00.

Registration begins at 11:00 AM.
All cars will be weighed and measured to ensure they meet derby dimension and weight requirements.  All cars must be built by the Cub driver/partner since 1 September 2016 using an official Cub Scout Pinewood Derby kit.  Replacement parts must be official Cub Scout Pinewood Derby parts.
Width:              2-3/4"
Length:            7"

Weight:            Not over 5 Ounces

Width between wheels:             1-3/4"
Wheelbase:      4 3/8 inches

Racing begins at 12:00 PM.
Driver/Builder must be present.
Prizes/Trophies will be awarded for:    the top five finishers (speed);   Best in Show, Most Scout Spirit, and Most Creative.

A full Raceway Café will be available for lunch, snacks, and beverages.
Pit crew and spectators can buy a patch for $5 on a first come, first serve basis; one to a customer;  from the end of registration thru noon.  Remaining patches go on sale at noon.

Contact:  Ken Sparta, Pack 45, Freeport, ken.s...@scouting.org, 797-5252 x24.

Registration will open soon on https://scoutingevent.com/?OrgKey=BSA218
Toggle Navigation. Pine Tree Council Home; Calendar; Parent Portal ; Lookup Registration ... Grid; Month; List; Print

Boy Scout News

Yes, you can still register!!!

National Jamboree – There's still space for more Scouts to join the Pine Tree Council 2017 National Jamboree Contingent. This year we will be sending two troops and a crew.  Our preference is to fill all slots with Pine Tree Council youth before we open these slots up to youth in other councils who have expressed an interest. You can reserve a youth spot with a deposit of $100. Please encourage a Scout Today! To reserve a spot and for more information, https://scoutingevent.com/218-9631

ADVENTURERS WANTED! Get ready! The 2017 National Scout Jamboree is coming! We're talking some serious high adventure here people! Wh
THINK SUMMER CAMP!
Early Bird deadline is April 29th! Lots of wonderful Adventures await YOU!
Campership forms are available.  See attached document.

SO MANY CHOICES...WHICH WILL YOU CHOOSE?

There's more to come.

2017 Recruitment Training & Camp-Scoutorama Preview.pdf
2017 UOS Catalog Sea Scouts.pdf
campership-form-2017.pdf
Casco Bay Training Thursday 2017.png
pine-tree-council-pinewood-derby-rules.pdf