Casco Bay News - Roundtable---Leader Training---Scout O Rama

1 view

cascobay-announce

May 2, 2017, 10:40:39 AM5/2/17
to cascobay-announce
Casco Bay News

Roundtable - Wednesday, May 3rd!
6:30 pm Dinner - Taco Bar
Please bring $3.00/person to donate to the dinner fund.  All are welcome to join in the fellowship of dinner and conversation. The goal is for the cost of food to be covered by the donations that come in.  If there is a surplus of donations this will be used for other program and training needs.

7:00 pm Opening - All Leaders

7:15 pm - Break out sessions

OUTDOOR ETHICS

Building on the solid tradition of outdoor ethics that is ingrained at every Scouting program level, we’ll discuss how to build on the outdoor code and rank requirements to make stewardship, sustainability, and Leave No Trace an essential part of the program.

CYBER BULLYING

Will be talking about Cyber Bullying.  From Bad Netiquette to dealing with a creating a bullying free cyber culture free from teasing, meanness, and coercion.

Order of the Arrow - OA members are also welcome to join us for dinner!  Please consider a contribution of $3.00 to help cover the cost of the meal.

BUILD STRONG UNITS; SEE THE STEAM CENTER!!
Besides being able to avail yourself of terrific program training this Saturday, you will also be meeting in the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) CENTER at the new Camp Hinds Dining Hall.  What an opportunity to get a look at the progress on this unbelievable new facility!

Check out the flyer, call your friends, arrange the car pool!

Here is the updated CASCO BAY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS calendar.

Please share this calendar with your fellow leaders, committee members, and parents.  Print one out and put it on your refrigerator.

Our rescheduled trainings for the spring are on Saturday, May 6, at Camp Hinds in the (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) STEAM Center in the lower level of the new dining hall.  Please encourage all your adult volunteers to join us.  Let’s give those leaders who work with our youth the skills and understanding to make the job even more fun.

(And take a peek at the new dining hall almost ready to open!)

Notice the upcoming 90th anniversary celebrations in June at Camp Hinds which include the Silver Beaver Luncheon, our Youth Recognition (Eagle/Silver/Summit/Quartermaster) Dinner, and a gala campfire and more

Go to our registration site to learn about training and adventure opportunities for your Scouts and Leaders!

Scout O Rama
Don’t miss the Scouting event of the year.  Come and march down Main Street in Freeport with thousands of Scouts from all over Pine Tree Council.  After the Parade you’ll get a chance to climb on a rock wall, test your inner ninja on an obstacle course, and even earn Merit Badges!  From Pinewood Derby to flycasting to skateboarding to a bike course.  New this year will be some of our top performing units sharing their tricks for Scouting for food, selling popcorn, and membership.  All Pine Tree Council camps will be represented and you’ll be able to sign up at the event.
(registration)
(SOR Camporee leaders guide)
(LL Bean Participant Agreement and Liability Release Form)

Spring Training Conference HINDSdd.pdf
CASCO BAY HIGHLIGHTS 2017 update 4-14.pdf
SOR Flyer.docx
SOR Spring Recruiting Flyer (back).docx
American Heritage Merit Badge SOR.docx