Docker tools to simplify PHPT creation

Bruno Ricardo Siqueira

Jun 25, 2017, 5:22:37 PM6/25/17
to PHP TestFest
Hello everyone,

I was trying to find a simple workflow to create and run PHPT against multiple versions of PHP (rather then compiling all of them locally) and I couldn't. So, as part of the PHPTestFest2017 initiative, we (a couple of devs from PHPSP and PHP Dublin user groups) built a small tool to create, a very simple and straight forward, way to write and run PHPT for PHP 55, 56, 70, 71 and 72alpha2.

I have sent a message on twitter to Ben Ramsey about it and he asked to send it here with more details. Hope that the tools helps during the festival! Please feel free to give feedback and contribute.

Regards,
@brunoric

Clinton Otte-Ford

Sep 21, 2017, 2:59:38 PM9/21/17
to PHP TestFest
Hi Bruno,
I was wondering if you might be able to speak to my recent post on this group about accessing .out files from phpqa. I'm copying the main points below. Thanks for your attention!

Best,
Clinton

"In preparation for the event, I followed the “Using docker-phpqa” tutorial (https://phptestfest.org/tutorials/phpqa-tutorial/) as well as watched Sammy Kaye Powers’ videos.

I am able to run tests successfully with phpqa; however, I can’t figure out how to access the .out logs from phpqa-  which will be important for spotting differences between the expected and actual output. (https://github.com/herdphp/docker-phpqa/blob/master/docs/how_to_PHPT.md#now-lets-see-the-log-files)

I’m running this on Docker CE for Mac OS X.

Is there something I’m missing?

Any insight you might have would be great. Thanks so much for all your great work!