Accessing .out logs from phpqa

Clinton Otte-Ford

Sep 20, 2017, 6:49:20 PM9/20/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org, Beth Tucker Long, Jason Endres
Hello TestFest Organizers,

My name is Clinton Otte-Ford and I’ll be helping Beth Tucker Long and Jason Endres with the Madison PHP Conference, which will feature a TestFest Hackathon session, on Friday.

In preparation for the event, I followed the “Using docker-phpqa” tutorial (https://phptestfest.org/tutorials/phpqa-tutorial/) as well as watched Sammy Kaye Powers’ videos.

I am able to run tests successfully with phpqa; however, I can’t figure out how to access the .out logs from phpqa-  which will be important for spotting differences between the expected and actual output. (https://github.com/herdphp/docker-phpqa/blob/master/docs/how_to_PHPT.md#now-lets-see-the-log-files)

I’m running this on Docker CE for Mac OS X.

Is there something I’m missing?

Any insight you might have would be great. Thanks so much for all your great work!

Best,
Clinton

Eric Poe

Sep 22, 2017, 11:56:30 PM9/22/17
to PHP TestFest, be...@treelinedesign.com, jaen...@gmail.com, cli...@schematical.com
These files get built in a subdirectory of where my test exists and named with the PHP version you are running. So, for my tests in ext/spl/tests, phpqa will add several files to ext/spl/tests/71.

Best of luck tonight!

Clinton Otte-Ford

Sep 23, 2017, 6:27:33 PM9/23/17
to Eric Poe, PHP TestFest, be...@treelinedesign.com, jaen...@gmail.com
Thank you, Eric!

It was a good event - about 15-20 people with 4-5 tests written by the group. Thanks for your work!

Best,
Clinton