Getting Started This Evening

Ben Harold

Aug 15, 2017, 5:27:47 PM8/15/17
to PHP TestFest
I'm going to be introducing the IndyPHP group to PHP TestFest 2017 tonight. I've added our group to the "groups" page on the website.

I worked through the `docker-phpqa` tutorial into a couple of issues, so I updated the tutorial and submitted a PR.

I also created a GitHub repo for our group to collaborate at https://github.com/IndyPHP/testfest-2017.

My plan for today is to just introduce everybody to the `phpqa` tool and show examples of `basic` and `error` tests. That way if any members want to get a jump-start before our next meeting they'll be ready.

Next month we'll actually start looking at the PHP codebase and discussing what we will try to tackle.

Thanks to all of the organizers. Looks like it's going to be productive and fun!

Ben Harold
IndyPHP

Ben Ramsey

Aug 16, 2017, 10:20:28 AM8/16/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org
> On Aug 15, 2017, at 4:27 PM, Ben Harold <benh...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> I'm going to be introducing the IndyPHP group to PHP TestFest 2017 tonight. I've added our group to the "groups" page on the website.

Ben, how did the meeting go? I’d love it if you shared some details on what you covered and your group’s response to it.

> Next month we'll actually start looking at the PHP codebase and discussing what we will try to tackle.

I’m working on putting together some more resources that focus on how to submit tests for TestFest, etc. Look for that before the end of this month.

Cheers,
Ben
signature.asc

Ben Harold

Aug 16, 2017, 9:29:44 PM8/16/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 10:20 AM, Ben Ramsey <b...@benramsey.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 15, 2017, at 4:27 PM, Ben Harold <benh...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to be introducing the IndyPHP group to PHP TestFest 2017 tonight. I've added our group to the "groups" page on the website.
>
> Ben, how did the meeting go? I’d love it if you shared some details on what you covered and your group’s response to it.

It devolved into a discussion about Docker.

There were three regulars and one n00b in addition to myself. The Tap Room had Zombie Dust so the malt & barley connoisseurs were satiated.

I gave a brief introduction to TestFest: worldwide event, local user groups, prizes, fun, bla bla bla. Folks were invited to the IndyPHP GitHub organization where I quickly judged everyone according to their gravatar.

I talked about my experience installing `docker-phpqa` earlier in the day, lamenting how I no longer get to charge exorbitant rates to install Ubuntu packages.

We looked at a couple of example `.phpt` files, and talked some more about Docker. I said that I would consider it a 100% success if we, as a group, had at least one “good" submission to the PHP testing suite at the conclusion of the event.

Finally I gave my stump speech about cryptocurrencies and drank myself to sleep. Fun meeting all in all.

Ben

>> Next month we'll actually start looking at the PHP codebase and discussing what we will try to tackle.
>
> I’m working on putting together some more resources that focus on how to submit tests for TestFest, etc. Look for that before the end of this month.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
>
> --

signature.asc