Where does the PR need to go?

Florian Engelhardt

Sep 13, 2017, 9:32:34 AM9/13/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org

Hello,

i like to be a first time contributor to php-core and heard about the phptestfest in php roundtable podcast. I need your assistance on one topic. Do PR's need to go to https://github.com/php/php-src or the your repo at https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src ?

Kind regards

Florian

--

We all change, when you think about it. We're all different people all through our lives. And that's OK, that's good, you've got to keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
- The Doctor

Ken Guest

Sep 13, 2017, 9:55:23 AM9/13/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org
I think they need to go against
https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src

not entirely sure if they need a --CREDIT-- section as per
https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/141f26e9a9b6633a317742d1c0696b2cfdd8c1cf
for tracking who and which user group the PRs get attributed to

all the best,

Ken

--
http://about.me/kenguest/

Florian Engelhardt

Sep 14, 2017, 2:25:31 AM9/14/17
to PHP TestFest, k...@guest.ie

Am Mittwoch, 13. September 2017 15:55:23 UTC+2 schrieb Ken Guest:
I think they need to go against
https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src

i thought that too, but there are contributions having "TestFest 2017" in the credits section which were against php/php-src.

not entirely sure if they need a --CREDIT-- section as per
https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/141f26e9a9b6633a317742d1c0696b2cfdd8c1cf
for tracking who and which user group the PRs get attributed to

That commit came with a PR against the php/php-src repository and not phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src.

Can anyone clarify on that?

Ben Ramsey

Sep 14, 2017, 11:20:02 AM9/14/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org, k...@guest.ie
I’ll be posting instructions on the phptestfest.org website as soon as
I’m able. In the meantime:

* All PRs that are for PHP TestFest should go to
https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src

* In your fork, create a new branch based on the
phptestfest-2017-master branch, for each pull request:

git checkout -b branch-for-my-test phptestfest-2017-master

* Each pull request should contain only one new phpt test file

* The --CREDIT-- section of the phpt is fine to use, but we won't use
it to track PHP TestFest participating or user group affiliation

* In each pull request, add the following to your pull request message.
Don't worry about correct spelling or uniform capitalization of the
group name. We'll smooth all that out by adding the appropriate label
for your group to the PR.

User Group: My User Group Name

That should help get you started, more details to come soon.

-Ben
signature.asc
Message has been deleted

Eric Poe

Sep 14, 2017, 11:41:40 AM9/14/17
to PHP TestFest, k...@guest.ie
One thing I like about the --CREDIT-- section being included --  When my UG would open phpt tests to see how they tested a feature we wanted to test further, several of them showed "XYZ UG TestFest 2009" in the credits, which gave us great feels and helped us feel like we were continuing a tradition.

Ben Ramsey

Sep 14, 2017, 11:52:05 AM9/14/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org
> On Sep 14, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Eric Poe <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One thing I like about the --CREDIT-- section being included -- When my UG would open phpt tests to see how they tested a feature we wanted to test further, several of them showed "XYZ UG TestFest 2009" in the credits, which gave us great feels and helped us feel like we were continuing a tradition.

That’s a great point. Feel free to continue using that section. Just be sure to note in the PR description the name of the user group.

-Ben

signature.asc

Jachim Coudenys

Nov 17, 2017, 5:10:23 AM11/17/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org
Hi,

A quick followup question about the phptestfest-php-src repository.

I see all the pull requests (https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pulls) are kept open, so AFAIK there is no way to generate a code coverage report to see uncovered code paths.

Am I correct?

Regards,
Jachim Coudenys
jachimc...@gmail.com

-Ben

Jachim Coudenys

Nov 17, 2017, 6:57:17 AM11/17/17
to test...@phpcommunity.org
Hi all,

I've tried to render a branch which holds all the commits from the open pull requests from https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pulls.

The result is this new branch https://github.com/coudenysj/phptestfest-php-src/tree/phptestfest-2017-master-merged-pull-requests (which is incomplete, because some pull requests contain merge conflicts, which I skipped).

When you checkout this branch and run "phptt lcov ext/json/tests" (or via phpqa), you will see the "Depth must be greater than zero" line covered (by https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pull/65).
I think with this report, it is easier to find uncovered lines.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Jachim Coudenys
jachimc...@gmail.com